Background Tasks extension [3.8 A] 🥳

Hi, yes my phone has the accelerometerSensor and the toarch permissions.Idk how to do...

Go to app settings, permissions, turn that on.

1 Like

It doesn't work the same

What is your device name and send me the AIA.

This seems to be a bug, i am looking at it.

After debugging, I was able to solve the problem, managing components in the background is the big headache for the extension.

Everything was fine, but there was NullPointerException when the AccelerometerSensor was trying to get the device orientation for some reason.

I have fixed the Bug for version 4.0 (not yet released)

xyz.kumaraswamy.tasks.aix (450.4 KB)
TorchTest.aia (464.1 KB)

Make sure to turn on the camera permission manually or ask it using the Screen.AskPermissionName block.

yeah, now it work...
tankyou very much

1 Like

Great to hear that.

1 Like

Another question ...
how do i get the value of this block with the Background extension?component_set_get

1 Like

Any ideas?

1 Like

You will have to make a function and call it through the extension, there are very few examples of how to do it.

1 Like

Hello,
With this program I want to open an app with activity starter but doesn't work,

Can you help me? please

I also added the info to the activity starter (uri...)

And another question, at the end (with the new updates...) is it possible to play audio in the background or in foreground?
Thank you very much

1 Like

Hi you cannot use any activity starter to open the app from the background since the android dosent allow you to do it directly.

3 Likes

Hello again,
please give me some examples how to make my app to auto run in background, to wait(work) around 60 sec. and then self closing?
Thanks in advance.
Regards

1 Like

Hi, what do you want to achive?

04.04.2021_11.01.36_REC
Hi ! i just installed the background tasks extension(latest 3.8 A?) and couldnt find this block.
beside i dont understand the guideline that you illustrate like function call task or anything......will you explain it in detail? thanks alot!

There is a way to open an app from the background?

can you elaborate? are you trying to autostart an app at a given time?
if yes, see the [PAID] ⏰ Alarm Manager Extension with Notification or Autostart

Taifun

2 Likes

I would like to be able to connect a mobile sensor with the start of an app, for example, when I shake the mobile phone to open the camera app or a specific app.

thanks

1 Like

That's an interesting idea... you might want to check, if tasker is able to do it...

Taifun

3 Likes