Background picture lock ratio

Did you try Anke's method ?

1 Like

Her method is not working like I want...Her method is croping the image...I dont want to crop...just scale the picture that whole picture is seen on display (scaled in lock ratio) all othed parts filled with black color.

I tested also in Anke's method the picture is not clear (lost on quality)

It could be as a result of this issue

1 Like

From what I gather, the works were abandoned a very long time ago in the scaling and quality issue. Cannot recall any progress or updates being made since I asked.

cant beliveit...

In order for my approach to achieve the desired resolution, the original image must be uploaded with a higher resolution.

As you can see in this example the scaled image loses almost the half of the width px:

grafik

1 Like

Helo...If I put large picture its the same...the picture is not sharp

Hello..are here any inprovements?
I still need to put on backgound image which must be in lock ratio and not croped and not lose quality.

Best regards

No fix as of today

How is this possible?? Who wants to have background picture distorted??

1 Like

Does somebedy have some solution without loosing picture quality?

so many phones have different resolutions, how could the background image with no distortion and no crop? you have to take one .

This is also the reason why the launcher icon is embedded in the app in different resolutions on devices with different resolutions.

1 Like

Hello...no crop and no distrotion you can make in this way that you resize the picture to maximum screen fit and missing parts fill with selected color.
Nobody wants to have distorted photo on background.
I have a picture...and I want on every size of the phone not to be distorted (in ratio),maximum screen fit, and other partes of the screen in black color and also no picture quality lose.

Do you have a list of all the screen resolutions of all the phones ?

No...I want to make apk that fit all smartphones that are using today (in portrait mode)

What are the dimensions of your background image?

Picture is in format 1021x2400. I must be scaled (in ratio lock) that the large side fit the screen and all the other parts in black color
I also have picture in larger resolution.

I still believe this is the best you can currently expect:

The only other alternative is, using your base image, to create a set of images (with colour backgrounds) at different sizes to suit as many different screen sizes as you think you need. This will bloat your app with many image files.