Appathon Certificates

Thanks @ewpatton for the update.

Thank you. Awaiting

1 Like

Received the certificate this morning(Beijing time),thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks @ewpatton, today I received the certificate.

What is "Honorable Mentions" ?

Thanks,
Ram

1 Like

Received Mixed Track Third place Certificate . Super excited !
Thank you :+1:

1 Like

Congratulation for achievement, @DigitCodemy, @jcjzhl and all the participants.

great!

1 Like

see here
https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+Honorable+Mentions
Taifun

2 Likes

Thanks @Taifun, but I had done my home work (Google) before I asked.

I just wanted to know context specific answer, because single word can have some different meaning according to its placement.

More or less meaning remains to be same.

Thanks,

Dictionary

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

hon·or·a·ble men·tion

/ˈänər(ə)bəl,ˈänrəbəl ˈmen(t)SHən/

noun

plural noun: honorable mentions

1. a commendation given to a candidate in an examination or competition who is not awarded a prize.

"the project received an honorable mention in the 1991 awards"

Taifun

1 Like

Thank you @Taifun

When judging apps, judges were allowed to mark any app they reviewed as a potential honorable mention. If two or more judges elected for the honorable mention designation, and the app didn't place / wasn't a finalist, then it was given the honorable mention designation on the result page. For example, judges might think an app idea was really novel but that the execution wasn't quite there, so they might mark it honorable mention, or maybe the app execution was great but they weren't quite sure of the applicability.

1 Like

This is magnified view of 'honorable mention' in Appathon context.
Thanks @ewpatton

Dear,

Will the winners People's Choice Awards receive another award in addition to the Certificate?

2 Likes

Yeah, Of course they will get.

People choice award winner will receive only one certificate mentioning the Award. No extra participation certificate

2 Likes

Yes, I do think so, since participation certificates will be for those, whose app didn't find place in any section in link below:

Thanks,

@ewpatton, few of my friends have not received participation certificate , however their other team members have received. How to get it resolved ?

This is likely due to the email addresses not being entered correctly. If you PM me the names and corrected email addresses we can update the database and resend the certificates.

Thank you for the response. Could you please give the email id to which the details to be sent

@DigitCodemy

Taifun

2 Likes