App is functional with AI2 Companion, but not after installation?

Hello,

after creating an App with App Inventor i tested it several times with the AI2 Companion Connection on my Mobile Phone (USB and WIFI). Everthings works fine.
Now i want to test it in real Life on my Phone but after i use the App (provide QR code for apk) feature and install the app, it doesnt work.
What is the Problem? I thought the AI2 Companion shows the real App functionality?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Ralf (Sorry for my bad english)

well, what exactly means "it doesn't work? can you elaborate?
or do you want to start a guessing game with us?
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Sorry. I try to explaine my problem.
After the installation on my S9 the first Screen (Splash Screen) start up correctly, but the second screen dont show up. The App stopps after screen1 ist finished.

Maybe someone can have a look at my app, i think it cant be much of a problem…but i cant find it.
As i mentioned before, why does the App work correctly with the AI2 Companion but not when i installed it?

Ralf

This sounds like a screen switching issue, however:

Please show your relevant blocks,
if relevant, your data or lists,
screenshots of the Designer screen or app in action,
so we can see what you are trying to do…

Right Click in Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”
for the best image of your blocks.

how does the app stop? is there a message?
Taifun

screen1_splashscreen|690x431

The App stopps and closes after the splash screen is done, without any message.

After testing a little bit it seems that Screen2 is the issue. I use the Sidebar Extension. Maybe there is the problem…

You have somehow got Screen1 blocks onto Screen2 ?

You mean the one

this can happen if you do not copy screens correctly...
most probably you started with Screen1 and the functionality and later you decided to add a splash screen as Screen1...
Taifun

@Taifun/ TimAI2/ Peter

Tanks a lot for your help. I think i manage the problem. There was a incorrect “setup main tabs” command.
The sidebar navigation works fine now.

Greetings from Germany
Ralf

A final question…how can i preload (load in the background) screen2 while Screen1 (splash-Screen) is visible?
Maybe i can speed up the app a little bit…

Thank you in advance.

Ralf

You can’t…

The way to do this is you use virtual screens with arrangements on the same screen, splash screen visible to start, then main screen visible after splash. not all elements will “pre-load”…

Oh…i see…no problem. i am happy with the functionality so far…

In my previous post i send the blocks of screen1. When i open up the screen2 is there a possibility to close screen1 or should i leave screen1 open? Screen1 is only a startscreen …i dont need it anymore when using screen2 and i can save memory.

The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor

Tribblehunter’s Multiple Screen Method

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.