[APP] 🎂 Famous People Born On Your Birthday!

Click here for more information

:computer: Introduction

I do not want to focus on design, what really matters is your birthday and the concept of this application.

This application, or template, uses a Wikipedia API in the free API library to check famous people born on a specific date. We will allow the user to choose their own birthday, and then perform the API get request with the specific date. Then, we will launch a ListView to allow the user to choose different famous people. After the user has selected a celebrity, the app will redirect the user to a Wikipedia page of that celebrity.

Note that the application uses 2 web APIs - one to load the result into the label with Wikipedia api with Plain Text Search Results (thank you @SteveJG!), and one I just found myself, which gives me a list of famous people on a specific date. I really appreciate Steve's work, you may have noticed that I used his example in multiple apps.

The aiStarter emulator cannot perform complicated Web get requests, so I suggest you to use a Genymotion emulator, an Android Studio emulator or on an actual phone.

It does take a few seconds to load. As you can see, the list can go crazy long.

:framed_picture: Screenshots

:man_scientist: All contributors

• Credit for @SteveJG! He wrote the example of the first API I used.

• The application watermark (duck-profile.jpg) is a watermark of AICODE.

:inbox_tray: Downloads

AIA: OnYourBirthday.aia (17.7 KB)

APK: Google Drive link.

## By downloading, sharing or installing the application, you agree the Terms and Conditions in my website. Else, do not use it. ##

:coffee: Open Source

Yes, the project is open source! View it in the MIT App Inventor Gallery.

:test_tube: Tests

Tested succesfully both on the AI Companion in Xiaomi 11 5G NE Lite and in the compiled app of Xiaomi 11 5G NE Lite and Google Pixel 2 emulator.

:+1: Rate my app! :-1:

• Good app!
  • Bad app.

0 voters

Kindly :email: PM me if you have any questions! Also, if you like my app, please :heart: like it or :ballot_box: poll! It takes some effort for me to make it...

Votes and likes tell me the general user feedback of my app. If you saw this app, please take 20 seconds to drop by and give a vote / like!

If you have any features that you want to add to this app, PM me.

Gordon Lu

:speech_balloon: Message :earth_africa: Website :e-mail: E-mail

9 Likes

:clap:
This is a Very Fantastic app @Gordon_Lu
I haven't even thought that we could have an app like this...

2 Likes

I saw the idea somewhere before, when there is a list of famous people born on a specific date. So, I was inspired to make this app.

2 Likes

Wow, I always wonder if anyone's born on 6 Feb, but now I will know it !

1 Like

We have updated our Terms and Conditions in our website. Please read it before you download, share, or install it.

2 Likes

My favourite actor Jack Black was born on my birthday.

FYI - @Gordon_Lu I know you were born on 30 February. But due to changing of time your birthday was replaced on 29th February. Then you realised that 29 February comes after every 4 years, so you changed your birthday to 28th February. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jokes aside. @Gordon_Lu Amazing app

2 Likes

Great App thank you

Is there any date as '30 February' ? off-topic

30 February= 1st March

Maths Logic :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Or we can just say in dinosaurs time there was 30th February or 31st February or 45th February :rofl::rofl:

Thank you all for your support! My app won App of the Month again in April.

I won this for two months in a row. Thank you all! I couldn't do it without your motivation and support.

1 Like