App Competition - Funmora Developers (competition is finished)

Nah, I love it.

@TechHamara Great job, it looks gobsmacking!
3 Likes

Yeah, I think so,
it used an extension which I can't reveal now. I also saw the blocks :+1:

This app would've probably won even if a hundred people entered the competition!

2 Likes

It is an open source app so where is the sourcecode?

We didn't said that we will provide the source code.

What is the use of an open source app if you don't provide the source code? @TechHamara

8 Likes

Hi @Peter
I have made this app open source only but this source code is with the admin [Funmora developer] whether to make such public open source or not. if I am not wrong.

You made it open source so it is up to you to provide the aia. Funmora Developers have no say in this.

4 Likes

Hi @Know_About_IT
this app is functional, and you can operate d2h sd box of selected model.

2 Likes

Hi @Peter
I had previously looked at Niotron Builder
Where it was given on the rule that this app should be open source, but there is no such rule on the App Inventor community,
so this app has not been made open source.

Congratulations for winning the competition but this gives me a lot of questions.

So the rules were different on the App Inventor community and on the Niotron community for the same competition. This is really strange. I think next time we have a competition like this we will have to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Rules App Inventor

Rules Niotron

And since the app had to be made open source on the Niotron community which open source license does it have? Because if you would make it open source it would be open source anywhere, not just in the Niotron community.

Did you use a paid or non-free extension since that can not be revealed? That was one of the rules in the App Inventor community.

You see, it is very confusing at least to me. Changing rules as the organizers see fit doesn't give a good impression.

7 Likes

I changed the rules today evening, as we don't want to make it open-source as it is our wish. I no longer want to discuss here.

No, I don't want to reveal.

I am now not there on Niotron Community

I haven't used any paid extensions.
Free extension ullis UrsAI2IrXmitter is used on this app
found on here :point_down:
https://puravidaapps.com/extensions.php

And the side menu extension by DeepHost.

1 Like

its free extension by deephost.

Since the competition is finished i close this topic.

3 Likes

@SRIKAR_B.S.S sorry, you can't just change any rules as you want after the competition is finished ...
this is like a contract between you and everyone else...
@TechHamara should therefore post the source code of the project (aia file) here according to the original rules of the competition...

see also the history of your announcement...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

4 Likes

The rules change before the contest, not during or after the contest. If someone did not want to disclose their app in a competition in which apps are to be open source, they should not take part in such a competition. Rules are rules and should be followed from the beginning to the end of the competition.

3 Likes