Announcing the new Book: Become An App Inventor

From the blog of our PI Hal Abelson:

"The MIT App Inventor team is delighted to announce the publication of Become an App Inventor: The Official Guide from MIT App Inventor , by Karen Lang and Selim Tezel, two MIT team members who have been instrumental in the creation of the CoolThink curriculum and the Youth Mobile Power Series.

The book is one of the first published by MITeen Press, a new collaboration between MIT Press and Candlewick Press. It includes CoolThink and Youth Mobile Power Series modules in tutorial form, interspersed with vignettes of young people who have used App Inventor to create impactful apps that exemplify computational action.

You can find a review by Kirkus reviews at the Kirkus site and you can order the book from Candlewick Press. (Release date February 8, 2022)"

15 Likes

Congratulations Karen and Selim! :tada: :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Thank you Peter!

1 Like

Great, it might be helpful to new developers! :+1:

Congratulations @karlang & @Selim_Tezel :tada: :open_book:

BTW, the cover page looks awesome :wink: :star_struck:

1 Like

I have worked with Karen Lang's CoolThink curriculum for the past 4 years. I especially love teaching the multi-user apps because the students are absolutely amazed every time. I also love that Karen produced directions for each app in easy (follow exact steps), medium, and challenging (these are type types of blocks you will need to accomplish this task). These leveled handouts make it possible to differentiate for any age and ability level in the room. I can't wait to jump into this book. Thank you so much Karen and Selim!

2 Likes

Thank you Srikar!

1 Like

Glad to hear. Thank you Jocelyn!

Thanks Peter!

1 Like

Thank you Srikar! We love the cover too!

1 Like

Hi Jocelyn, A lot of the apps in the book will look familiar to you! :grinning: We are excited about the book and look forward to its publication in February!

1 Like