An easy way to create long lists?

Lets say I have a list of 100 questions or more. Maybe in a txt, doc, or some spread sheet.
like this for example.

I want to put the questions inside the list blocks . I know I can phyically type in each question in each text block. (Also if its a list of 100 its very laborous adding the grooves one by one and then the text blocks a 100 times.) Any way to automate it, make it easy, directly?

please please help/

Hi @Sanatan_Chakravarty Welcome
Convert the data in csv and then make a list from it.
Also create a list of components.
Now run a for each number loop so that it iterates over all components.
Then get component by index and set its text by getting item for same index from text's list.

omg, woow, thank you thank you, thank you so much . i am going to work on it immediately and report.

That's great.
Here is what should be used:

Now it is your responsibility to arrange the blocks in correct order.

People like you exist, omg. Thank you so much. I am working on it..

For 100 questions, I would abandon the multiple component approach and switch to lists and List Pickers.
Load the text file from the Media folder , one line per question, no numbering, and split it at \n when it arrives to get your list of questions.
Load the Elements of a List Picker from the list of questions.

I am still lost. Here is what I did so far.

1. I transposed my quetions from a column to a row and I saved the file as a csv.
  2. I uploaded the file. "list1.csv" to the project.
  3. This is how I have arranged the blocks. Surely I am missing many things.

I need the help.ScreenClip1

You can't set components list from file.
However above blocks should work for you and it should change the text of Button 1.

Probably like this:

content of questions.csv:

question1
question2
question3

@ timai2
Please, How can I make the "Buttons" list without using the mutator and insert each component (Button1, Button1 ...) by hand.
Thank you PROFESSOR

You could create buttons dynamically depending the length of you list using either [F/OS] - Dynamic Components Extension (for every component) 2.2.2 - Extensions - Kodular Community or [Free] CompCreator - create component dynamically

1 Like

A simple example

2 Likes