aiStarter For Emulator

Nope - it's good to watch out for Anti-virus interceptions though, they will cause havoc.

1 Like

Yes. This reminds me of those hectic times of Antivirus blocking programs, and not letting me test my programs. Anyways, for the HAXM, I think you need to install the graphics driver at least, or is it because you are using an AMD processor?

What about trying http://127.0.0.1/start ?

Already there for other much more intensive graphics programs.

I'm using an Intel i5

I think you are very lucky.

But did you install C++ redistributable?

and Did you also install Python 3.7 or 3.9?

Installed the C++ redistributable - python not required?

Yes! It is required.

It is not mentioned during the install nor was it during the testing way-back-when and there is no error error message related to python when running the Emulator. Are you sure it's not required for Linux OS rather than Windows? The installer is 1.5GB already.

Also, did you update Windows 7 with service packs?

That's an old post by Evan, not sure it applies at all since the new version is 30.265.0, the first 64bit - I mean, it installs everything that is needed, so if Python is needed, that should be installed too.

I have to break from this Topic now and update the one in the Power Users Group before leaving my PC until tonight, but if you have more ideas, keep them coming!

1 Like

...it's the most up-to-date Win7 in the World :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That means it is Service Pack 1 :grin: :grin: :grin:

If you have the old x86 version and x64 versions, it's inevitable that shenanigans will happen. If you go in services.msc, you'll see how the services listening on 127.0.0.0 will overlap each other.

Python isn't required for the latest tool pack as this time around the installer has been created and compiled on a Windows 7 PC by MIT. aiStarter.exe is built with Python, but the build is completely self-contained.

They would have to be running at the same time though, and on identical addresses (new one is on 127.0.0.1) when we were early testing the new version, we did not have to uninstall the old one. I have however uninstalled it to be 100% sure there is no interference.

Hmm...did everything you guys did...

1 Like

But what about the new BETA emulator ?

Hello Gordon the Power User - congratulations!

That is the old version Emulator you have there - did it load a Project?

1 Like

There isn't a new BETA so far as I know - the new Emulator is a full release and that's it for now.

You ended up with the old emulator, from a directory that should have been cleaned out during the install of the new emulator.

My install experiences were logged at

1 Like

Yes it did.