We’re getting close to releasing a new update for MIT App Inventor. ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu has been updated with most of the changes that will be going into this release. The release identifier is nb181 and will include a companion update (test version is 2.55t1u).
Some highlights of this release include:
- Deleted projects go into a separate Trash area similar to the Windows Recycle Bin or macOS Trash Can. App inventors can restore their projects from the Trash area (or permanently delete them).
- Autoloading of projects can be disabled using the option under the Settings menu. One can also append ?autoload=false in the URL to disable autoloading in case a large project prevents App Inventor from properly starting.
- Ability to manipulate the properties of multiple components by shift-clicking them in the designer. The properties panel will only show those in common, and changing a property in this mode will change it for all selected components.
- Four new sensor components for devices that support them: Barometer, Hygrometer, Light Sensor, and Thermometer.
- Some default setting changes for new projects: Sizing will be responsive by default and ShowListsAsJson will be true by default
The full change log where you can leave comments is located here:
Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
On behalf of the MIT App Inventor team