AI2 apps to source code

Hi App inventor community. I have now been developing apps for a long time on AI2, and im starting to learn coding an app myself. Therefore i wondered if it is possible to retrieve the hard code from an AI2 app to further develop in sourcecode?

Best regards. Tobias.

Develop in sourcecode? Do you mean using Java? Use Android Studio.

Once upon, there was a project to ‘convert’ AI2 aia’s into Java. That no longer works. The tool that helped do the conversion, Java Bridge, is over three years old. This experimental project is inactive. Because it uses ‘old’ code, it will fail (or partly fails) when you attempt to convert an App inventor Project to Java.

There is NO practical way to automatically convert an App Inventor 2 Project to another programming language.

You have to build your entire Project using App Inventor 2 Blocks.

The App Inventor source documentation is an image of all the Blocks . See the developer’s comments regarding the programming language used for App Inventor .
AI Programming Language "This is hard for many users to understand, but the blocks code you seen on your screen is the source code of your language. It describes the syntax tree of your App Inventor program in the same way that traditional text programs describe the syntax trees of their languages. "

How to document an App Inventor project (show the source code) is described here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mitappinventortest/documensot$20app$20inventor$20project%7Csort:date/mitappinventortest/gcHyjhME5NY/HuWQaLMGAQAJ

The BLOCKS are the source code.

Sorry, you cannot “retrieve the hard code from an AI2 app to further develop in sourcecode?” if you mean develop using Android Studio.

Did that answer your question Tobias?

Thank you very much Steve, ill look in to the links youve sent :smiley: