Address Book Runtime Error - Could Someone Help, Please?

Hello,

In my app I will create an address list, which is useful for this app. Unfortunately, I get since hours errors. I tried many variants, but nothing works.

Here is the error:

Here are all the blocks of this address book:

global_declaration
procedures_defnoreturn (1)
procedures_defnoreturn

Thank you very much for your help!

18acdd7f5a981c6e4b027b109ea340e74d9a8ea2_2_651x499

Index must be a number.

Dear ABG, Thank you. I am not so familar with lists. Do you mean the numbers 1-4 from the TBX for name, nachname, adresse and telefon? How can I realize this? Should I create a "make a list" with the index numbers? I have no idea. Sorry! Thank you very much.

Taifun

Dear Taifun, Thank you. Tomorrow I will have a look at it. I have at the moment these blocks:

We have 23:08 h here in Germany and i will go to bed in a short while. Thank you!

yes, this would help you a lot...

you have to think about, which item of your global data list you like to replace...
then only replace that item using the correct index...
an index can't be joined like you are doing it... it is a creative solution but unfortunately wrong...

and to get better help, why not posting a screenshot including a Do it result, so we know, how your global data looks like?

Taifun

Dear Taifun, Thank you for your help. I have created a trial of this edit button with the replacement, here it is:

Is this correct, please? Thank you. I will now read the texts, I hope, I will understand it. I am handicapped and sometimes, I got more questions than answers, if I read something. Thanks. Martina

why not try yourself and tell us what you find?

:slight_smile: OK, dear Kevin. At the moment, I am studying Taifun's list tutorial, this is a lot to read.

Nothing has changed. The Runtime Error (please see at the top of this entry) is still there. It tells me, that something what is 1 should be 0. But an index always starts with 1, only arrays are starting with 0. I do not know what to do. I need this contact form with this different data. Does someone please have advice? Thanks!

You have never shown us a DO it debugging screen shot.

It is time you learned that tool to see what is going on.

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

You first have to understand the concept of a list and of a list of lists

You always have 4 items Name, Nachname, Adresse, Telefon. This is a list. And you store several of these lists in your global variable data, which is a list of lists.

Now what exactly are you trying to delete? An item of one of the sublists or an item of the list of lists?

Taifun