Adding a link to a label or button

I am using a table of three columns. Columns A and B hold diagnostic information, and column C holds candidate answers. I want to be able to click the contents of the item in column C to link to an image in a web-based pdf file. I can't see how to insert a link to either a label or a button. The text in the label or button cannot be the url.

Use the button click event to action a url (web component or webviewer or activityStarter). You have the option of the long click event on the button if you want another use for click.

Or do everything in an html page in a webviewer, then you can have click events on any text

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if I’m using it right. I set the action to android.intent.action.VIEW, and my block look like this, but it doesn’t work.
Blocks

2 Likes

You will need the purple StartActivity block as well!

1 Like

Excellent! Many thanks.

1 Like

can you plz tell me how to link an app like game launcher to a button in mit app inventor?

1 Like

@Sunitha_Reddy The ActivityStarter can possibly be used; read about it Using the Activity Starter. Please read the tutorial and look at this

Starting other external apps

You can use the Activity Starter to start any activity at all. You’ll need to know the package name and class name, or the appropriate intent. Some third-party application developers document this information. For hints on starting external apps, see the Android API documentation or search the Android developer forums.

1 Like

hi how where should i find the purple StartActivity Block??

(For my project)

1 Like

In the Designer
drag in the component

In the Blocks Editor
you find all the blocks

1 Like

Thx for saying

1 Like

but next what should i do??
i have used the thing next was should i type i want to show my github

1 Like

We do not know what you are trying to achieve.

Show your relevant blocks and explain your intentions

1 Like

no i got it :slight_smile:

1 Like