Accessing Permissions for Alarm Extension

Hello Taifun,

I am using your TaifunAlarm extension to create a notifications app that sends messages without running the application. I have been researching extensively to add required permissions for the alarm like com.android.alarm.permission.SET_ALARM. So far, I have uploaded your example alarm app as an apk file onto Android Studios. I am unsure of what to do next since the manifest file already has all permissions enabled. I am trying to use code inside of the apk file to set properties for ActivityStarter feature in App Inventor. Action: android.intent.action.SET_ALARM I have also set properties for ActivityClass and ActivityPackage. Is there anything else I need? I am trying to add a property for DataUri, but I don't know exactly how to get it. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Anonymous Coder

you do not have to do anything manually
just build the app and test

Taifun

Sorry for not clarifying earlier. I want to do all of this not on the apk. I want to run it on the companion app.

Here is a guide

I would test using the apk file

Taifun

The manifest file already contains the permissions I want to enable. My goal to somehow use this to enable permissions on the actual AI2 app companion, not a downloaded APK file.

https://ullisroboterseite.de/android-ai2-faq.html?topic=patchcompanion

What are you talking about?

The link to the guide mentioned earlier can help you to modify the manifest of any app, this can be your own app or also the companion app

Taifun
PS:

1 Like

Exactly.

I am using Android Studios to modify permissions.
Does this affect anything?
I will upload a screenshot or text of the code for AndroidManifest.xml

:question: