About a component "SPACE"

It sounds ridiculous but it lacks the component "Space" to be able to divide and move various components apart, I have to use any other invisible component like "Image" or "Label" when a ready-made component like there is in Kodular is sufficed.

Excuse my little criticism but otherwise everything is great. Hi

But I think an emprty arrangement is enough, no need to add a new component as space.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, actually it is true, you can also use what you suggested, maybe I thought that a very specific component was better, without using others instead of it :slight_smile:

The presence and different naming of the spacer components in Niotron and Kodular is one of the annoying issues when it comes to transferring projects from one platform to another. To avoid this, I generally only use empty image components as spacers on all AI2 distros.

I don't use arrangements because in my experience they are more memory intensive.
QED (quod erit demonstrandum). What will/would have to be proven.

1 Like

I always thought empty arrangement is using less memory, but have no prove.

Left: 2 buttons and 10 empty images in between │ right: 2 buttons and 10 horiz. Arrangements

2 Likes

Are empty images better then empty labels ?

(2 buttons)

(2 buttons with 10 empty labels between)

(2 buttons with 10 empty imageComponents between)

(2 buttons with 10 empty horizontalArrangements between)

about the same

It seems like you haven't assigned a height to the (spacer) components (images / HA). In this respect, these would not have any spacer properties. So set the height to 10px each and then examine the aia size.

Interesting. With the image components set to 10px the size of the src dropped by half!

Even better than your result !

grafik

spacerIm.aia (1.2 KB)

Post the aia.

Deleted now, life is too short for a 500 bytes space saving :wink:

(this much text...)
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

1 Like

Hmm, that may be true, but then you shouldn't get involved in a topic if you don't want to (can't) finish it / prove it.

Thank you for your kind admonishment.