ABB targetapi=31; Android Studio; APK Editor Studio; wits end

I've read everything I can find on the new requirement of targeting API 31,..of signing...of manifest editing..."add android:exported="true" to every and " ...everything permutation of these things and maybe more; and I get mixes and matches of:

You need to use a different package name because "com.example" is restricted. (the package name I see is not com.example; is there a hidden package name somewhere?)

Version code 1 has already been used. Try another version code. (why the heck to they care what "version" I enter in the box on the Screen1 page? It's none of their d biz how i number my versions...or is this a suggestion stuck in with errors? This is written by Google, right? Masters of the software universe. It's buggy and klugey; what's going on?_

Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Ensure that your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your App Bundle is expected to be signed with the certificate with fingerprint (I've copied and edited the command line with the test@tests-MBP Downloads % java -jar pepk.jar --keystore=javakeystore --output=output.zip --include-cert ....
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/google/wireless/android/vending/developer/signing/tools/extern/export/ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:756)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:473)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:355)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:601)
)

Why can't this be a 1 or 2 or 3 button process? I'm tearing what's left of my hair out. Please advise! Thanks so much in advance.

BTW...when i write out an ABB from AI2, and then bring that into Android Studio, it has tools:targetApi="31" /> ....so it seems ready to go (maybe AI2 writes out ABB's with an 31 API target, even though the code doesn't?? IDK.). But I can't get it signed, and when I upload, I get a signing error.

When I pull the APK into APK Editor Studio, I see a 30 target, and I've changed that to 31, then written it out. I pull it into Android Studio, and then export the ABB. I don't seem to get a signing error from Play Console, but I get the com.example error, and the code version 1 error. Hope for some simple, clear solution from the Community. I've wasted waaay to many hours on this....thanks again in advance

waaay tooooo many hours:)

I assume, there is a Java version mismatch, your Java version is higher than 8

What is it about exactly? What is the goal?
And with which builder was the (original) app created?

It was built on ai2, current version

I don't know if this answers your question. How do I find the builder?

The goal is to get my app on Google Play

That's what it looks like, but I followed the very simple instructions... I thought. Thank you both for your replies and consideration....and further help/. I'm quite at my wits end about this. My app (test version, but I'm still rushed) should have been up for testing days ago

OK. What does this have to do with Android Studio and with this package name?

Is it a new app that hasn't been published on the Play Store yet?

<<Is it a new app that hasn't been published on the Play Store yet?>>. yes

OK. Then there must be at least a draft of the app in the Google Play Developer console,
because of this:

yes....most all were uploaded using a different file name, but certainly much of the contents was the same as the others

Read my last post.
And post a screenshot like this:

i don't see anything like that. i see this,.....

i found a page similar to yours. it had a draft app, which i deleted. will try again

Fine,

• build your app as AAB on the AI2 test server (which targets SDK 31) and
  • try to upload it to the Play Developer console as an internal test track and
  • if you do not get an error wait for the Pre-launch report ...

If you get an error we will see what to do ...

<< build your app as AAB on the AI2 test server (which targets SDK 31)>>
i didn't know this test server existed. I'm getting the same error

Do I have to manually set something to target 31? Thanks so much for your help....impatiently awaiting your reply. I really need to get through this bottleneck

This shouldn't happen. Are you sure you used the test server?
Build the APK, upload it to Google Drive and post the link.