A Guide For building Appinventor In both Windows and Linux!

I dont think I will work
maybe try and see ?

Mine dosent work in GIt sir

Its working in command promt or powershell ?

Yes sir It does work in cmd and powershell but not in git so, I thought to suggest you to add that it doesn't work in git bash

What would be the advantage of using this method instead of just doing it on the Website?

1 Like

This this not meant for app developers its meant for builder developers...
This is how builders are tested in local machine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see, thanks for the awnser.

2 Likes

What version of Java are you running? I don't recognize that error, but a read through of the message makes me think you're probably running something like Java 15.

2 Likes

Yes I think java 16 or 15. Is that a issue? Should I use java 8 or something?

1 Like

Yes see in my post I refered java 8 as bold

I previously had that one installed. Now its build successfully. I have one more doubt.
I ran this command.

Then cd into the appinventor/buildserver

and ant RunLocalBuildServer

Now I get this

But when i navigate to localhost i get nothing

java_dev_appserver --port=8888 --address=0.0.0.0 appengine/build/war/

Run this exact command

Thanks @Pradevel for your support. Got it now

1 Like

I've been using AI2 without installing any of these (except Java) will I be missing something if I continue as such?

1 Like

@Sefardi

These instructions are for people who are developing App Inventor itself, not using it to develop apps, or who want to contribute new features. For app development with App Inventor all you need is to use the hosted version available at ai2.appinventor.mit.edu.

4 Likes

great guide using this we can make apps offline too

2 Likes

Here you are wrong :slightly_smiling_face: appinventor uses some external resources too so, it will not be completely offline :upside_down_face:

1 Like

oh but for me it works fully offline also

What External Resources are you talking about ?

1 Like

If you are using the AI Companion you will need to either have access to MIT's rendezvous server and/or TURN server. We also rely on a STUN server run by Google. If you use the emulator or the USB connection then it will run fully offline (i.e., you can turn off the internet connection on your computer and everything will still work).

6 Likes