A book with ListViewer (or Label Display of csv )

I am sorry, I do not have an answer for this. Everything appears to be working as it should be in terms of identifying the locations on the sound file for a particular line (based upon your timings), and that the positioning for the highlighting is also working, based upon the line breaks provided in your files. I am unable to see/hear whether it working OK or not, because I do not speak or read Arabic.

If I get some time, and have the motivation, I can probably do some debugging....

That is really a very good newes. Thank you very much Tim.

The 1.csv file you provided appears to be corrupt in some way:

I am getting extra items on every line with the number 37 and 38. This would prevent the highlighting from working correctly....

????

I have edited the 1.csv file, so please try now:

1.csv (22.8 KB)

I appear to have it working in a test project

The blocks need rolling into the demo app, which will take a little time.

Observation: the csv file with 228 lines does not have a title line, unlike previous csv files. Should it have a title, or will all csv text files no longer have a title ?

This is the title. By the way, If you can highlght the title, it would be much more better. But the title must be without number
title

Please rework the csv file so that the first line has no number, and that line 2 starts with the number 1

lineone
linetwo, 1
linethree, 2

Here you are.
1 (1).csv (22.8 KB)

This example project shows the method for displaying and highlighting the text by line number. It also puts the title in a separate label. The main text is centred on the page. Please advise on any changes you want made to this layout/setup. (There is no sound file, yet...)

readerDisplay.aia (122.3 KB)

The numbers should be after the sentence not before because it is in Arabic :slight_smile:
Also the highlighted number should be with the same sentence. Because as I can see that the number belongs to the previous sentence. I have noticed that there is mix between each two sentences.
The last thing is if you can align all text to be perfect.

OK, as long as all your text csv files follow the same format as the one you have just supplied, this can be handled.

The text is currently aligned to centre. Do you want it aligned right ? Do you want each line on a separate line (this is not what you previously asked for....)

I'm sorry. I mean that if you can justify the whole text.

Number at end, text justified

If it's possible to add two ( ) for numbers instead of commas (,) and still it needs to be justified if it's possible. Also the title should be with the texts in order to be hidden after scroll down.
Thank you very much Tim for the great job.

• Brackets added to numbers
  • A space added (where it works?) between each line
  • Text is as justified as it can be/ I can get it. Your text/font introduces hidden non printing characters that are not handled well by the justifier
  • The title is in a separate label. I suppose it would be possible to hide/unhide it as the reader progresses down the page. Otherwise we just put it back into the textbox....

I prefer to put the title back into the textbox

Is it possible to add two buttons in order to read next and previous sentence? I really appreciate you for that addition and also adding a button to read a spicific single sentence repeatedly. If you can add them it will be fine otherwise it is ok.

I am only focusing on laying out and selecting the text here. I have yet to add this new work into the existing play and display aia project already created.

It makes more sense to keep the title separate, the audio goes with the main text display, as I understand, the title is not included in the audio. It could be made to disappear after a few seconds of display....

If you want those button / play elements in your app, you will need to add them later.

Please remember I am only working up solutions for specific issues, it is your app. You should be taking these examples and then write them (not just copy/paste) into your app, so that you understand the order of things and how everything works.

I will learn all your examples and I will take your works and projects on my shoulder.

Is it possible to edit all the numbers to be in the right side with backgroud for each number like this :