Want to get the content(value) of txt.file saved in DropBox, please

Good day!!!

My 'app_ver_code.txt' file is saved in Dropbox (cloud storage service).
The link is for example below:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gfb3frk03svs/app_ver_Code.txt?rlkey=ro4wvoi1to4lb4etgjpu1&dl=0

The content of 'app_ver_code.txt' is simply the new version code '2'.

I want to obtain the content('2') of 'app_ver_code.txt' and compare it with App Inventor's 'VersionCode'.

Is there any way?

Get the file from Dropbox using their web API and the AI2 web component. Once you have the file, read it with the AI2 File component to get your value. There has to be a better way of doing this....

Last time I looked, you could ask Dropbox to make a file shareable, then right click it on your desktop PC to get the shared download link.

That's just a Web Get.

Hello, TIMAI2

Thanks for your help.

According to your advice, I downloaded the txt file from Dropbox.
The downloaded txt file is as shown below.
txt_file

I want to use '2' in the first line with 'variable aaa' and '41' in the second line with 'variable bbb'.

I would appreciate it you could explain with the picture of blocks. If possible.

Use the file component to read the fike, then convert it into a list using the list from csv table block
To get the items use blocks from the list drawer

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

Taifun

Single column tables need Split At \n instead of CSV conversion.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.