Video Player Question

I have managed to play a video in the Video Player, but when the screen loads I see only a black rectangle until the rectangle is tapped and the video is started. I was wondering if there is a way to pre load the video and show the first frame of the video before the rectangle is tapped to play. TIA.

See here:

Thank you for that tip. I managed to sort of get Deep Hosts extension to work, but it couldn't find my local files ( in the App). In the text blocks I used //myfile.mp4 and //myfile.png as the sources. I also tried /// on both. Does the ext. need a more detailed path? If so, I don't know how to get that.

you might want to try just myfile.mp4
Taifun

@Taifun I tried that and still won't find it.

I've given up. At least the internal video player works. I'll just have to put up with the black rectangle. Thanks for the tries guys. :grin:

Just a quick thought. Could I use an HTML page to show the video with the HTML5 video player?

did you upload the video file in the assets of your app?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

see also How to autostart a video

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Strange, but the DeepHost VideoPlayer ext. can actually only access to URL or external storage (unfortunately not the assets).

@Taifun and @Anke. If Anke's answer is correct, then it's pointless going further. Taifun, I already ditched the blocks for Deep Host's ext. But I can easily resurect them if you think it's worthwhile. I don't want to waste anyone's time if it's futile. Do any of you think using HTML is possible? Thanks anyway.

Managed to get the video player to do what I wanted by using @Taifun's tip above. I used the blocks as per attachment. Led to a couple of other probs that I'm sure I can solve.