User Feedback on Custom Font Typeface Support in App Inventor [GSoC-'21]

The extensions are just some kind of workaround, which is not in ai2. If the function is already in ai2, the extension will no longer be needed. The ios version does not support extensions and it is not known if and when they will be supported. The more built-in functions the better for ios.

4 Likes

Nice work.

Great! From my point of view, it would be particularly helpful to be able to use Material icons for Android & iOS.

4 Likes

Ofcourse no.

1 Like

Don't talk about old things okay :unamused:

@Anke Could you expand on what you mean by "material icons" in this context?

If custom fonts are added, Material Icons should also be possible, as I do with my MyFonts extension, for example:

1 Like

Btw, I updated (recompiled) MyFonts extension to avoid the problem of removing a service from the Manifest of another extension. You explained the cause of this issue in detail.

After the First Week of Program

Hello, everyone, I am here to share progress on my GSoC project, after the first week of the official coding period I have completed the designer preview part as well as the android part.

Here are some Images of work...

Designer preview of custom font support

Preview option for font resources similar to other assets resources like pics and videos

New property editor for font typeface...

Capture

I will set app-spot insurance as early as possible so you can test it as well as I will create design docs this week.

Thanks and Regards
Preet Vadaliya

14 Likes

Woooow Waiting for it

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Looking good.

Wow Good Job @preetvadaliya :star_struck:

Nice work, looking great! Keep it up!

Amazing work! @preetvadaliya

Thank you @Techno_Vedang @Know_About_IT @Anke @Peter @Nisarga_Adhikary @Salman_Dev for feedback

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in my previous post I have set my project's Appspot instance you can access the project's progress through Appspot instance.

Useful Links

Link of the Appspot Instance: https://gsoc-cfs-2021.wl.r.appspot.com
Download Companion App: Google Drive Link

Note

Since I have made changes to block language, you need to download a new companion app from the given link.

What you will find new in Appspot Instance?

1. New Property Editor for FontTypeface
  2. Designer Preview of CustomFontTypeface
  3. Asset preview of font resources.

I would like to request all users to test new features especially power users @powerusers

Share your feedback with me.

Specially Thanks to @ewpatton and @Susan_Lane for guidance.

4 Likes

I had to uninstall my old companion before i could install yours.
It is working great, nice job.

Will your project goal also include custom font typeface for listview, spinner, notifier and canvas?

No, but last time I discussed with my mentors regarding custom font support in canvas, I will work on it next week.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: YourFont extension shows error

Hello, Is there any news regarding custom font support in Canvas? I need to use custom fonts in canvas in my project. I also tried the MyFonts extension but it doesn't work in canvas. Can someone help me?
Thanks