URL not working in webview with nb187

Any ideas about why this URL does not load properly in Webviewer?

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&z=2&im=36&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=140&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&sec=conus&p[0]=cira_glm_l2_group_energy&x=5300&y=3358

When copied into the desktop browser, a series of images of lightning loop. When loaded in the webviewer, the same URL does not load properly and fails to loop. It seemed to start several months ago with the nb187 rollout, no issues with nb186. No similar problem with the URL in Thunkable.

Thanks,

1 Like

Perhaps try with customWebView

2 Likes

No, that didn't seem to help. Was there some change with the webviewer in nb187?

1 Like

Yes, they have included a WebViewer bug fix in nb187a.
Changelog Can Be Found Here

1 Like

Could you try exporting your app to the App Inventor Test Server, and
if it works there?. The test server is currently running on version nb188.

1 Like

Great idea, thanks for recommending. However, I tried the test server for nb188 and used the companion version 2.61tu as recommended, but the website still has the same error. Tried both standard and legacy mode with the companion. The issue occurs both when testing with the companion and in a packaged app.

2 Likes

I guess my next question would be if there is any way to troubleshoot the link or webviewer and see what the problem is. Any suggestions?

t

1 Like

working OK for me in companion mode Android 10 & 11

2 Likes

Yes, indeed that worked on my Android 9 too. Thanks for showing the Custom Web View blocks, that was my problem, i was not setting it up properly.