Twitter Component

Hi there,
I was trying to make an application that displays whether we are logged in or logged out from twitter, by using two buttons. However, I got an error messages which says:

Error 303: Twitter Error 403: The request is understood but it has been refused. An accompanying error message will explain why. The code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits. (Understanding Twitter limits | Twitter Help).

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'? >Callback URL not approved for this client application. Approved callback URLs can be adjusted in your application settings I created the Twitter Developer Account and get the required Keys. ![twtwtr|690x353](upload://h50unBWR8Ukn8jnw2TYAObChe4T.png)

The Twitter component is broken because the library is no longer supported anymore (for a long time).

So, I cannot make it anymore.
Thank you sir.

@ewpatton I think this component should be temporarily deprecated. The component misleads users to think that it is functioning, when in reality it is not.

2 Likes

@ewpatton

Sorry to tag you, but is there any news on the Twitter component?

Peut-être que le composant ne fonctionne plus avec le changement de Twitter en X...

Nico

No, it is not working anymore since 2018, see also Twitter authorization failing · Issue #1293 · mit-cml/appinventor-sources · GitHub

Taifun

Je n'était pas au courant...

Merci,
Nico

Maybe we should put a big X on the Twitter component to indicate that it no longer works.

(What? He did WHAT?)
Never mind.

1 Like