Trying to make a storage manager app. As a beginner

I am confused. I am struggling to understand why anyone else, other than you (the Storage manager) needs to have this app: They come to you to borrow an item, you fetch the item and scan the barcode, and enter their name/other details onto your device, when they return it you scan it back in, on your device. data is stored on google sheets, for review, by you.

Actually the point of the app is to ease for the teachers to know and track for those who let the item gone missing because theres a lot of cases for the item gone missing/stolen. Second of all its actually, the teachers and students who scan for their own to fetch item in the store. Meanwhile, to know available stock in the store. Also, another things is to make things simpler to simplify process of borrowing tools from the store instead of wrote a name manually and having a lot of records and file physically. And the one who reviews is actually the head manager of the store and this app will handed over to him because its part of my final year project and will be used for my storage school

What data/fields do you need for the user Profile?

What do you mean? A profile for everyone to log on?

This...

For example:

Username
Class
Teacher
Email

Ahh i no longer use this one but instead the student just choose who's incharge at the time of the class cuz i felt like making a user profile would complicated things for a beginner like me

They have to select their teacher then at the time of the item request ?

How do you propose preventing the user from booking a borrowed item back in, without actually returning the item?

it goes like this

didnt even thought about that

Which is why it makes more sense for the store manager device to scan out and back in.

yep sorry for not explaining it more details from the start
i had to change a lot just by progressing because a lot of stuff that i dont know how to make it. thats why as you can see from my first comment and now its really different

Thus i require someone to help on this

Then have another think about the process. When you have one you are happy with, post it back here for review .

been going around yt and just found this

this is how i imagine how my app will looks like

so.. i had done with all the apps and trying to make it to apk and gotten an error build failed

this is the error

here's a copy
FDDSTOREMANAGER.aia (1.1 MB)

pls help ASAP, Thanks

never mind i solve it i cant use generic words of "back"

1 Like