Trouble with Permissions and Code Execution at the App Front End

Possibly here:

You initialise the Date_List variable as a text:

it should be initialised as an empty list

I tried that yesterday. Actually have three errors then:

Still have Screen1.Initialise empty.

You are going to need to go through each of your procedures to identify variables that are not being initialised correctly. One way is to save all such procedures or blocks to the backpack, delete them from your blocks, then test, add one back, test, fix any errors or if none, add the next one back, and so on....

(You might want to empty your backpack first to make things easier to identify)

Thanks. Looking back, I could imagine the error(s) may be due to setting values to 0.

Given the error appears without any apparent code execution and your initial comment about lists and variables loading before Screen1, I'll go back and delete half of the lists and variables and follow with the half/half/half/.... process until I (hopefully) identify the problematic item(s).

Will update with any successes.

Solved.

It was a combination of setting the list ta a default text value "", instead of "create empty list" and a couple of clock timers automatically firing off before I had populated the list variable properly.

All I had to do was turn the timers off by default (enable only when I need them). This means they don't fire pre-Screen1 and the main code has time to do its thing and populate the list variable with a proper list.

Thank you to @TIMAI2 for the guidance despite the minefield of code I shared.

Pleased to hear you sorted it out. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.