"The operation + cannot accept the arguments: , [""], [1]"

Most probably the problem is here

It is happening because the label_score.text a blank text value which should be set to some number maybe 0

In above quote the translator could not translate a few words , would you please do that ?

May I know why do you have 7 screens? Have you considered using Vertical and/or Horizontal arrangements and switching their visibilities accordingly ?
In that case the the values can be called and stored easily.

1 Like

Bonjour tout d'abord merci pour votre retour.

Je vous confirme que label.texte est défini sur le nombre 0 dans mon design.

Concernant la phrase à traduire :

"In addition, it seems to be linked to the "Score" button. In fact, before making changes by adding the stopwatch, the last screen displayed the score obtained."

J'ai 7 écrans dans la mesure où c'est un quizz de 5 questions (5 screens, + 1 pour l'acceuil, 1 pour afficher le score à la fin)

Je suis novice, et je vous avoue que j'ai un peu de mal à trouver mon erreur...

In addition, it seems to be linked to the "Score" button. In fact, before making changes by adding the stopwatch, the last screen displayed the score obtained.

I think you have to share the aia project, so I can see where the bugs are

Bonjour Merci,

Pouvez-vous me dire si c'est cela que vous souhaitez ?

Quizz_code_de_la_route_2 (1).aia (2.5 MB)

Merci pour votre aide, vraiment !

I think your problem is from (Clock1), because clock 1 will work continuously if you don't make it stop

@Anne_B I understood what is the issue.
I am not sure what does Label_score displays

• If it is the total score, change the following block on each screen , (mark the word each screen) from Screen 2 to Screen6

To
  • If it is displaying the score for current question then make sure that the highlighted area is never empty

The error arises because this is empty instead of zero.Enter 0 in the highlighted area. Again you have to ensure that you do this process for each screen from screen 2 to Screen 6.

One thing you have to remember is as soon as you create a new screen , none of the components from old screen are carried forward to the new screen. For eg label_score.text on Screen 2 is independent of the label_score.text on screen 3 Screen 4 and so on. Even though they have same names.
Another thing to remember would be you cannot add or subtract or do any mathematical operation on a blank text box or label

@Salman_Dev I think that is not the problem because the screen is getting closed
Well it is a good habit to disable the clock though
But in this case if clock was causing the bug then multiple screens would open at the end of 20 th second , and no such issue is described , and I hope that is not happening

1 Like

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre retour.

J'ai effectué les deux modifications citées. Malheureusement le problème est toujours là...

@Anne_B Okay after a good amount of observation , I realised that there is an issue other than the empty text box. In addition to the changes made previously, I wish that you to make following changes.

• First of all , delete the following 2 blocks on each screen which are under R1 R2 R3 R4 on each screen I.e from screen2 to screen 6
    Screenshot_2020-10-26-09-55-24 Screenshot_2020-10-26-09-55-56

• After deleting the above mentioned blocks , Change the blocks under Clock1.timer for each screen i.e screen 2 to screen 6, to look somewhat like this
    Screenshot_2020-10-26-09-54-54
    Important note : the part highlighted in the above picture needs to be changed for each screen , which In Your case would be
    If working on screen 2 , then input screen3 in highlighted part
    If working on screen 3 , then input screen4 in highlighted part
    And so on .....

Infact I have just changed the block under If condition.

What exactly was happening ? As per your blocks the new screen used to open as soon as you click any of the options or answers and when that happened, you didn't pass any value to next screen,so by default the value passed to next screen is a blank text. And as per the changes I had suggested here

The problem was unknowingly recreated. I hope this would resolve the problem. And still if it persists you can always get back.
:smile:

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre aide précieuse.

J'ai essayé votre méthode. J'arrive à avoir le résultat escomptés mais l'écran ne change automatiquement après la réponses saisie.

J'ai essayé une autre méthode, je n'ai plus le soucis "l'opération + ne peut pas accepter les arguments:," par contre le message d'erreur "Label temps" est toujours là... Il ne gène en rien l'application car elle fonctionne comme je le souhaite, mais je m'interroge, qu'est ce qui pose problème ?

Quizz_code_de_la_route_2 (3).aia (2.6 MB)

So you want the screen to automatically change when the response is entered ? And you tried doing that but it didn't work , right ?

I didn't quite understand the above mentioned line.
Please post a screenshot of this error

And the .AIA file you have sent , I checked the blocks there, the problem of "the operation + cannot accept the arguments:" will still be there . Try marking a wrong answer on any of the screens, and you will see that error.

Tell me If you are trying to do this

Bonjour,

Oui effectivement je souhaite que l'écran change automatiquement lorsque la réponse (bonne ou mauvaise) est saisie. Effectivement ca ne fonctionne pas ...

Voici une capture d'écran du message d'erreur "label temps"

Je ne comprends plus rien :rofl:

J'ai testé votre méthode :
test.aia (2.6 MB)

Ici, le seul soucis est que lorsque le répondant choisi la réponse, l'écran d'après ne s'ouvre pas automatiquement... Si cela n'est pas possible, tant pis je vais continuer à développer cette aia.

De plus, le problème lié à "Label temps" ne semble pas apparaitre.
Vous semblez donc avoir trouvé mon problème :wink: Je vous remercie !

A post was split to a new topic: How to display an animated gif?

Okay , I can say there are 2 ways to do that , depending on what you want to do

• If you wish to immediately open another screen , i.e as soon as user clicks R1 or R2 or R3 or R4 , (fairly easy thing to do)

Stick to this .AIA file and add the following block , under R1 R2 R3 R4 on each screen I.e from screen2 to screen 6 (now you must be used to this phrase :laughing: )

(This block can be found under Prochaine_question.click block )
Take care of this thing

Sorry I haven't highlighted anything,but it is the Screen3 which is supposed to be highlighted

Hopefully this serves your purpose.

• If you want to add a short delay of 3 seconds or 5 seconds then you would need help of a timer , would require different and more changes compared to first method. If you wish to do that , please let me know

Merci pour votre aide !!
C'est exactement ce que je voulais faire

"Si vous souhaitez ajouter un court délai de 3 secondes ou 5 secondes, vous auriez besoin de l'aide d'une minuterie, cela nécessiterait des changements différents et plus nombreux par rapport à la première méthode. Si vous souhaitez faire cela, merci de me le faire savoir"

Je vais rester sur quelque chose de simple pour le moment :rofl:

Vraiment merci ! vous m'avez énormément aidé !

Bonne soirée et à bientôt sur le forum !

1 Like

You're welcome. :smiley:
One last thing to do
Please close this topic by marking the solution for this topic

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.