(Take image and save to app) camera component still asks for WRITE permission

If I understand well all this, it's good practice to rely on Legacy scope for now, and also avoid arbitrary folders, just stick with the shared ones.

Before telling you, I tested it (always in apk).

What I didn't know at that time, is that there's no way to overwrite the shared file if you re-install the app, or if you use another app. Companion to APK counts as different app. Please see this for more info: Problem with create Dir & Save txt file - #6 by anonwins

So what I advise you to do is keep a copy of the photo in the ASD. Work with this. Export to a shared folder only when you're done with the photo. Also, before writing to the shared folder, use TaifunFile.Exists to check if the file already exists, and if it does, save the new file by different name because you can't rely on overwriting it.

1 Like

Exactly. Best practice is to build all new apps with the new android11 ​​rules. And modification of old apps according to these rules. Best to forget that it was ever possible to save files anywhere and save only to shared folders.

4 Likes

Not really - see Patryk's comment.

You wrote that we want to limit app permissions. However, I noticed that adding only the ListView component adds Read permission to the app. Even when we don't use the icons in the ListView. In my opinion, it is not compatible with what you want to achieve.