Taifun File & Mit AI2 Update Target SDK

By the way, it is not possible to list any directory for which READ permissions are required with the File component. You get an error message. I'll post that later in a separate topic ...

The permission(s) are added if they are manually request using the .AskForPermission blocks.

How you add it manually?

and what is the component you are using to get SdkVersion ?

Look at my blocks (post #8).

1 Like

@Anke

Search...

Hi @Anke & @Taifun it is not work

test.aia (38.6 KB)

But it should, try this one:

Try also a relative path:

or an absolute path:
/storage/emulated/0/

In addition, READ_MEDIA_... permissions are declared only when the blocks intended for this purpose are used. In other words, if READ_MEDIA_IMAGES is requested as a string, this permission is NOT declared in the manifest. None of this makes any sense at all.
@ewpatton

Blocks

It is not work

you are sending us a video having 1:25minutes... the first 1:10 minutes is very much uninteresting while we whatch until the app is installed... then you click both buttons and end the video...

depending on your device and the number of mp4 files you stored on that device it takes a few seconds until you get a result... my guess therefore is, you just do not have enough patience to wait for a result...

Taifun

1 Like

I doubt you're testing it on a device running Android 14.
The storage permissions should be queried there one after the other and look like this:

So test this version and save us the installation process (!) in your video, but record the video from the moment you open the (previously uninstalled and reinstalled) app.

1 Like

@Not_An_Admin_User Try also this APK posted in the Niotron community:

and post a screenshot after opening the app.

Since we don't hear from @Not_An_Admin_User anymore, I'm pretty sure I was right in my assumption

or Android 13.

You may actually be able to target the right API with this guide How to Update Your App SDK To Target Android API Level 34

:question:

:question:

See also here:

It should be the case since last summer's update that so long as you include the permission block somewhere in the app (I don't think it even has to be attached to anything), then App Inventor should add it to the manifest automatically. Note that it must be the permission block, not a string with the permission name, for this to work.

Yes, as I said here (in post #20):