Taifun Camera Extension?

Hello everyone! Have a nice day ahead :relaxed:

I am currently developing an android app that will be able to take a picture and set the file name of the image right after taking a picture. I have heard about this amazing extension which is called as Camera Extension by Taifun. I am planning to buy this extension, I just want to make sure if this extension is applicable to the app that I am currently developing. Hoping for your kind response, thank you.

This will depend on how much control you want over the camera. Explain in more detail how you want your app to work.

Hello @TIMAI2 ,

The user of the app will take a picture of a particular place. Now, after taking a picture, the user will set manually the file name of the image right after the picture was taken so that the user will be able to recognize where the picture was taken through the file name of the image.

If the user is taking the picture, then you can program all you want to using existing built-in components.

1 Like

you can use taifun file extension
i created an example and works :point_down:
blocks (3)

1 Like

Your example will not work for Android 10+. It may work if you set the filescope to Legacy.

1 Like

I tested this in android 8,11 and worked

filescope=legacy

1 Like

You are not allowed to copy or move files to arbitrary directories anymore... use shared storage like /Download etc... see also here

EDIT @Marsman_Gmail for your purposes you do not need any extensions... just use the camera and file components

Taifun

1 Like

Well Done, Taifun :wink:

1 Like

@Alireza_Sharifi you might want to add, that your solution only works, if you do not plan to upload the app to Google Play because of the manage external storage permission... just remove the activity starter part... also asking only for WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission would be sufficient...and set DefaultFileScope in Screen1 to Legacy...

EDIT where did you find the AllFilesPermission property?

Taifun

1 Like

I have forgotten this. I found this in my aix files

1 Like

I never upload my projects into play store

1 Like

I found it !!!!!

1 Like

This is all you need:
cameraNamePic.aia (39.1 KB)

Storage permissions are not required on Android 11+ if you use the TaifunFile extension instead of the File component, so I would prefer this solution as I always try to avoid permissions whenever possible.

(There is no need to set DefaultFileScope = Legacy as the TaifunFile extension declares storage permissions in the correct way.)

1 Like

Hello @Anke ,

I tried the AIA file you sent to me, and it worked. I have also tried it in Kodular, but it gave me an error message saying, "Error 201: Camera did not return an image". Does it work for App Inventor only?

In Kodular there is a bug with the Camera component.
I have already reported about this bug there and also about the countless other bugs (since the last update).

My solution/approach should also work on Niotron and other AI2 distros that are actually based on AI2.

I will not comment further on Kodular (for very good reasons).
As a general rule, if you have questions about Kodular, ONLY ask them there.

Oh, I see... Thank you for the information @Anke and to others who shared their knowledge to me, I am now enlightened about the app I am currently developing. God bless you all.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.