SQLite extension importDatabase function

Hi all,

with the world of pain Android 10 has put us in, I am attempting to host all my app's files including the database in the ASD.

However when I attempt to import the database in the ASD with the SQLite extension importDatabase function it fails to import it.

Has anyone else experience the same issue?

Thank you in advance.

This sounds like one of the file permission changes from Android 10.
Go to the bug fix test server ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu
and read its release notes to see if it addresses this issue.

You might need to get help from your SQLite extension developer($) for the Android 10 update.

which sqlite extension are you using?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Please see below screenshots.

All the files exist in the ASD folder.
But only images load from the ASD files folder.

that sqlite extension probably needs another type of path to the ASD, probably a relative path... you might want to check its documentation...

Taifun

Thanks Taifun,

I am using the "org.bennedum.SQLite" extension. I will check the documentation.

As for your "com.puravidaapps.TaifunFile" extension, any comments on why the file is not found when the contents is to be read?

why the file is not found when the contents is to be read?

Thanks Timai2, you're a star!

Btw, the File component uses the relative path:

In this case:

/Android/data/...

... and this (hard-coded) path won't work with the APK, but only with Companion.