Serial OTG Port does not open Serial Port

{2886, 802, 1};
i guess? :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

tried myself to add xiao samd21 but failed, could Serial OTG add support for this?

refrence

Just working on it. Try the new extension in the debug directory (not tested yet).

I've been having issues with this plugin trying to open a serial port. I cannot get any of my prolific usb-to-rs232 converters to work, but I wonder if that's down to pl2303 chipset versions, as there seem to be quite a few of them?

That aside, I can get my FTDI cable to work, but only if I let it automatically select the usb driver, If I tell it to use the ftdi driver, I get the following error. Is there a specific format you have to use to tell it to use a specific driver?

In the instructions pdf it says: Force driver 1=CdcAcm, 2=CH34x, 3=CP210x, 4=FTDI, 5=PL2303

But in the example AI project, the spinner options are: 0,cdcacm,ch34x,cp210x,ftdi,pl2303

I can't seem to specify any of these driver types and get it to work, it only opens if I let it do auto driver.

Any ideas please? Thank you!

The main use of “force driver” is if VID/PID has been reprogrammed so it’s not recognized by SerialOTG. Force driver=0, means auto selection of driver. (Could be clarified in documentation and example app) I have retested with my Pl2303 and FTDI, both with auto selection and forced driver and it seems to works ok. One note, if you make wrong selection you may have to restart the app, and sometimes even your device.

1 Like

Many thanks for the clarification. Is the driver type text case sensitive? Does it have to be FDTI or fdtp for example? Thank you :slight_smile:

PS. This is a great extension, thanks! :slight_smile:

Driver type is just a number, so use numbers 0..5
I will clarify the documentation

Documentation and example SerialOTG updated to clarify the use of Forcedriver.