Search integration with Blockly editor GSOC 2023

Hello All,
I want to work on adding search integration to blocks editor.

I think this can be implemented by either,

1. installing blockly workspace-search through npm and then changing making app inventor specific adjustments.

2. Adding a workspaceSearch.js file inside blocklyeditor/src to check for blocks in the workspace.

I am still figuring out how to implement this feature properly and efficiently, so the approach I mentioned might not be correct.

Thanks
Arya Anand

Experiment!

Hello Chris,
Yes I will start experimenting soon on the gsoc project, right now I am working on fixing an issue issue. I have still not been able to point out why the extensions are not being delted properly from the client side. I would really appreciate if you could help me out in solving this issue.

Thanks
Arya

For the workspace search option, I'd like to make use of the Blockly plugin. However, our version of Blockly is almost 6 years old at this point and doesn't support the plugin functionality, so there will need to be some update work that has to happen in advance of making use of any plugins. You should also take a look at this poster from our colleagues at Wellesley outlining a search feature they implemented but never got merged for inspiration: