Search for Duplicate Data using Dictionary Blocks

There is no GotTag event? GetValue has a GotValue but Im not using that. I understood that the GetTag only creates a list and stores it in its own VALUE variable.. am I mistaken?

Like so ?

Store your chatnames as the key, with an empty value or 1.

Very much so like that. Let me show you what I have..

Tag 01

Tag 02

Tag 03

As shown I can successfully check for duplicate User Names. It's when I enable the other blocks to check for duplicate Chat Names that things stop working.. and I cannot understand why.

The data structure can be seen above in an earlier post. Both UserNames and ChatNames are structured the same.

Pull in another Firebase component just for chat names, to keep the logic and events separate from the user logic.

Use good component names to remind you what you got.

You should use a single if/else/elseif/elseif statement in your DuplicateNames procedure.

And call the second taglist after the first taglist is returned.

IMHO it is not necessary to use another firebase component.

If you like I will make up a working example.....

Done one anyway:

I had to create a dummy user manually to start with, otherwise the taglist block will not work on an empty tag.....

This worked for you? I dont get it because when I tried it, it did not work .. same issue. The Check User part works fine but not the Check ChatNames. .. I obviously have something else going on.

Oh well, I will keep at it.

Well finally I did manage to resolve my issue ..

I did use the second database method .. copied DB1 and pasted it into the Designer in order to keep my Firebase settings. This is what I ended up with..

Tag 01

Tag 02

Tag 03

I know it may not be the most efficient but it works. Its clean and easy to follow, and I can disable parts as I need without affecting the rest of the routine.

Thanks to both ABG and TIMAI2 for the help!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.