Screen rotation help

I compiled your aia as apk, install it on Xiaomi MI A1 android 9, could not replicate error. Works as intended

1 Like

Is your table tilted?

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Maybe you are running an old .apk from before you fixed Screen1 at Portrait?

3 Likes

Yes, I used a Companion 2.62
I reinstall a Companion and the app just in case it solve the problem but rotation happens again.

so I did another test.
Install a new copied project of my old app which didn't rotate then compare the old one and the copied new one. (Old app installed at Nov 15, 2021)

Here's result video.
testing at LG g8 android 11
above one in a screen is the copied app below one is the Old app.
Same app but other result.

Attached two old and copied apps, they are twins.
LaterV2.aia (47.8 KB)
LaterV2_test.aia (47.9 KB)

Try this:
LaterV3.aia (47.8 KB)

1 Like

see post " screen orientation " on december 21

1 Like

try to put a link for that

2 Likes

I tried this but still rotates screen.

I did another test with other app I installed in my phone years before.
ScreenOrientation of the app was set to Unspecified, and didn't rotate when start.
Just Build apk, read QR code then update the app. And did rotate when start.
So I set ScreenOrientation to Portrait then Build and update the app... and rotate...

even MiT AI2 Companion app I had in my 3 phones rotate it's screen when start.

I have now tested my aia (APK) on several devices (Android 9, 10, 11, 12). It works fine on Android 10-12, but it's actually still rotating on one of my old Android 9 devices. So I adjusted my aia a bit and now it works on Android 9 as well.
LaterV4.aia (47.8 KB)

2 Likes

LaterV4 is rotating on my Android 9, 10, 11 devices.
LaterV3 is rotating on my Android 9, 10, 11 devices.

I attached video about LaterV4, LaterV3, Companion are rotating on Android 9.
MIT AI2 Companion version 2.62

I don't get why couldn't replicate rotation problem except mine. :frowning:

I have this problem, and my device is android 9 too.
(Galaxy Tab A (8.0", 2019))

Could it be that some Android 9 devices simply do not comply with the screen orientation requested by the Apps. The device manufacturers like to modify the appearance/ergonomics of Android as they try to stand out, but perhaps a part of that is forcing auto-rotate or an orientation bug (which is never going to be fixed?). We would need to know the results on several Android 9 devices to conclude this - especially interesting would be if others had the same make and model phone as Bob's - and yours kazz397.

My Android 12 and 11 also has same problem

I have 4 android phones, lg G8, xiaomi Mi a1, samsung Xcover 5 and google Nexus 5. Different OSs different manufacturers. and They all show same rotation problem when run apps which built with App Inventor while other apps doesn't. I just put this issue aside now but i'll appreciate if someone could find any solution.

I linked some of my apps if wants to test.
downloadable my apps from Google Play
malLangKor
roadLang

Enjoy your day!

Hello Digvijay

We need to see your Project for a Single-Screen App that demonstrates the problem (just a small "hello world").

Hi

Tell us what the orientation of your Apps should be.

malLangKor is Portrait
roadLang is Portrait
Tested on Huawei P30 Pro Android 10

I set all screen orientation 'Portrait'

The Developers are on Thanksgiving Holiday so we have to wait before we can ask if it could be a new AI2 bug.

We need to know the details of the devices - Make/Exact Model/Android Version

• nice GUI design by the way!
1 Like

you might want to try

Taifun