Rush • A new and improved way of building extensions

Can you try to file the issue on GitHub as the OP said?

i dont think as that is not in the main branch but in the ucr branch and + if the dev implements it , it will only work for ai2 and builders which have helper blocks.

Thanks for explanation.
So I will still use the old method to give a lot of properties blocks...

1 Like

I have one question that what is the work of

rush build -r

i have seen the wiki of github but I am still confused that what is it
help will be appreciated

r stands for release it will optimize the extension and also increases the version of extension.

1 Like

Means if I have set version as 1.0 then will it increase it to 2.0 or 1.2

Idk about that i never saw in that detail

Ohk but how do you generally create new release/version

I generally use rush create -o just optimizes the extension

Ohk @Aarush_Kumar
Thank you

1 Like

Build failing with this:

• Build initialized

┌ Checking project files
│ info Checking metadata file (rush.yml)
│ 
│ erro The following error occurred while validating metadata file (rush.yml):
│      type '_InternalLinkedHashMap<String, dynamic>' is not a subtype of type 'YamlMap' in type cast
└ failed

• Build failed [1ms] [1 error]

If I remove this from rush.yml, then it builds

# Extension dependencies (JAR).
  deps:
     - jsch-0.1.54.jar
     - jzlib-1.1.3.jar

both jars are in the deps folder

Fixed it....removed spaces before deps

# Extension dependencies (JAR).
deps:
     - jsch-0.1.54.jar
     - jzlib-1.1.3.jar

There is a problem where when i run the build command, no blocks get added, this problem appears randomly.

1 Like

I would say the same thing it happens to me quite often and if it happens once it would happen 1 - 2 times continuously.

1 Like

I get it too. Just keep re-running the build, it will eventually do it without the warning.
(Don't try to update an extension in an app with a build that gives this warning - it will kill it)

4 Likes

Yeah ik but still its a little annoying.

Feature Request

Is it possible to add a flag so that extension blocks are set in the order they are placed in the java? Currently it is done alphabetically: e.g. Events,Functions,Properties. It would be good to be able to group most used items at the top, or put a Function with its Event and Properties.

1 Like

@TIMAI2 it's a great idea but i guess that the blocks are ordered from App inventor not from Extensions. I mean to say that i guess it's not possible as this(alphabetically ordering) is done through app inventor only

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that's not possible. As mentioned by @Horizon, this grouping of blocks is done by AI2 and can't be controlled by Rush.

3 Likes

This works, but as I indicated you can't mix Events/Functions/Properties in the flyout

1 Like

Initially, I misread your post -- I've edited my previous post now.

1 Like