Read from DB multiple values

Ok i understood what you said. My problem is not how to write to a TINYDB but how to read from aTINYDB

let me give you an example....
I make an entry with a tag CHRIS and the values i store is "123456" "oxford street" "chris@gmail"

how can i do it using the GETVALUE to put the
"123456" to textbox1 the
"oxford street" to textbox2 and the
"chris@gmail" to textbox3

Thank you very much!!

Store the values as list

Taifun

1 Like

(tag = valueOfTextbox1 as per your previous blocks image)

1 Like

i will give it a try and tell you my results!!

It works just as i expected!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Three more questions...

1. Instead of having the "create empty list" we can add a notifier to inform us that there is not such an entry..correct? and if there is no entry the blocks below will not be executed...correct?

2. How can you store a same tag with different values in tinydb without overwritting the previous?

3. Are there any storage limitations for the tinydb? I mean... can you create a database of 300mb storage for example?

Just test for an empty list, then show the notifier

If your device has the storage capacity, yes. However your data returns may slow down with a large dataset, you may be better off using SQLite.

Do you want to add a second/third/... set of values to the same tag ? If you are using Textbox1.Text as the tag, this needs to remain the same throughout. You don't have to set Textbox1.Text in the list, you can use the tagname for that.

Hello everyone.
I have the same problem or doubt, more or less.
I have a set of ~500 rows or records.
Is tinydb suitable for an app like that???

No if i have made a record with a tag Chris and i want to add another Chris then it overwrites the previous entries.... Can i have in my tinydb 2 same tags with different values?

No.

is there any solution that you can think of to overcome this problem?
Because as far as i understand if you want to search in the Tinydb you do it by its tag.... correct?

Hello, @Negrazo49.
Take a look at this:

1 Like

Here is a sample for you:

1 Like

It is possible to set a listview's elements to the values of all tags, for example.

sorry but i cant understand what you mean...

i believe that you might referring to this.....
test

but how these blocks will have different entries with the same name without overwritting the previous one?

True, my example uses full unique names.

Here is another sample for you, that does in-memory table filtering ...

TinyDB does nothing for you in such a case but give you a place to store the table(s) between runs.

Google Sheets is more naturally searchable and updatable.

I'm assuming you mean me:

Use a different namespace

Or

Sequentially number each tag with the same name

Can you give me an example?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.