Problems with the localization of my application (How to use the Location Sensor)

My applications, from the inventor app, are not working with the location sensor, they directly give me 0.0 the latitude and longitude ... I have downloaded other apps to try and it keeps giving me 0.0. It worked for me until a week ago without a problem and it stopped working ... Does anyone know why and what could it be?

Are you attempting this in an emulator. Most emulators cannot emulate GPS hardware. The default latitude/longitude for the Location Sensor is 0,0 (a location in the Atlantic off the coast of Africa). If the gps cannot get a satellite fix (location change), it will never report anything other than 0,0.

This too might help Buenas noches amigos (How to display current location using the LocationSensor/gps) - #2 by SteveJG

Have you done this tutorial Using the Location Sensor
and loaded the two aia Projects? It might help you. Otherwise please share your code Blocks Danii to get specific advice.

no, I'm testing it on my cell phone, it's a hawey Cam-L03. It was working very well for me and it just stopped working, but Google maps works perfect

Did you follow the advice you were given?

If not, you might do that. Without knowing anything more about your app than you shared, a miracle
LocationChanged1
might happen if you add this Block to your Project

I'm going to try your suggestion, anyway I borrowed two cell phones and it works perfect, the thing is that not mine, (Regarding more details of the application, it does not apply because as such I build an application that only locates when I press the button and it did not work.)

Can you confirm that you have location services turned on on the device and that you're allow for high fidelity location with GPS?

Yes, confirmed

Did App Inventor (or your compiled app) prompt you for permission to use your location? You can also confirm in the Settings app that you've allowed for location use. Furthermore, when using GPS you typically need a line of sight to the sky for the receiver to pick up the satellite signals. If you are indoors when testing you may not get a valid location.

1 Like