Pro camera: The pro custom camera

where is the extension base641? i cant find in the procam extension.

[extension removed by mod. direct link not allowed unless you are the author. ]

Here

Hello, I'm guessing that the answer is no, but is there any way to make use of a different camera on the phone? My phone, a Moto G32 has 1 front camera and 3 rear cameras and for my application I would really need access to the rear wide camera.
Thank you in advance!

I don't believe you can select different rear cameras through the extension. Can you set a default rear camera with your phone's camera app ? You could create a routine in your app to take the user to the device settings, however not every user will have the same device, or three rear cameras to choose from...

1 Like

Where is the problem? How many devices have (so) many rear cameras? So is it just about an individual solution for you? If this should not be selectable via the extension, there should be a way to preset the desired rear camera in the device settings (as the default).

Oh, I'm late.

only by seconds :wink:

My camera extension is able to access different cameras... App Inventor Extensions: Camera | Pura Vida Apps

however you can't use it together with the pro camera extension

Taifun

While Initializing the camera, other than passing the "CameraTypeFront" or "CameraTypeRear", pass something like number 2.

@TIMAI2 - Thank you for your reply but I can't find a way to change the default camera in my phone. I might be a limitation of the phone itself.

@Anke - While the app is primarily for my personal use, I think many phones now have multiple rear cameras. What I'm working on is building a "Viewfinder" app that would allow my phone to preview images I could later shoot with my big DSLR camera. I use prime lenses and it would be great to be able to compose possible images before hand. Unfortunately the normal camera on my phone isn't wide enough, hence my need to use the wide angle one.

@Taifun - I had a brief look at the Pura Vida app but it looks like I can't preview shots with it. I don't actually need the camera to take images but rather just be able to view live and have some kind of crop marks or frames drawn over top of the camera image.

@Kumaraswamy - This sounded promising and I tested it but I can only set the camera to "0" or "1". Zero is the rear main camera and one is the front camera. If I try any other number , like for example "2", the app crashes. But that you anyway for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any apk for this?

How would an apk of an AI2 project using this extension help you?

Do you need an aia ? If so, what features of the extension do you want to understand ?

It's better if it's aia.

I want to review

I would suggest you read the first post in this topic, then try something yourself, this way you will learn how it works. If you get stuck then come back and ask questions.

can you give the aia file urgently

There is no aia file to give. Someone would have to make one.

Using this extension can we scan a OMR answer sheet?

You can take a picture, but you will probably have the same issues you have already faced when trying to OCR.

You might be able to make a "mask" to overlay with "windows" for the correct answers, and possibly identify the circles there ?

1 Like