Pro camera: The pro custom camera

I do not know what exactly you are looking for, but:

1 Like

How do I select an external camera connected to the phone through the OTG port in the camera pro add-on?

Try initializing the camera with cameraType with values like 0, 1, 2, 3...

Enhancements:

I would like to see the Video functions added, and both camera and video to be triggered by a remote Bluetooth button.

1 Like

Yeah right, I was actually planning to upgrade the extension whenever time.

1 Like

But in both extension versions, the Rear and Front camera is mismatched, If I set camera type to Rear, it opens Front camera and vice versa

1 Like

Which is strange since I did not change anything from the original extension, I just added the base64 functionality. Or do you mean taking images to base64 works (only?)

I faced the same issue a while ago (see post #129).

1 Like

Last night some issue with ASD i setup while testing,

now tested and works fine now both versions.

Is this extension still works?
I don't have any result. Can you tell me which part of the code has an error?

Remove the Move block and the Clock Timer event and use the Gallery Refresh method together with an absolute path to the file, /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/jlo.jpg

Taifun

1 Like

Is there any possibility to change the camera resolution? i would like to shoot in better quality?

Edit: maybe for clarify -> i use TakePicture and not TakePicturePreview. Maybe your app thinks it uses the best resoulution (its 3968x2976) because (i dont know why) in other kamera apps this is the resolution on the first place and gets lower and lower, but if i scroll till the end (in other apps) my highest resolution appears 8000x6000. Maybe your app chooses the first entry because on other devices this is the highest?

anyway, it there a way to set it?

I try combining your 3d model with this ext with layout ontop of this camera ext but the app always crashed.(compiled.apk)

Tried only with camera ext result still the same the compiled apk crashed...
And i tried with the test.aia from @SHUBHAMR69 it works perfectly
My phone is oppo A15...

Note:
Both test.aia and newly updated working fine on companion

Is it possible to get list of available cameras? I see that the initialize block takes in cameraType, but the desicription says front-camera or rear-camera. My device will also have a USB camera attached, and I'd like to find a way to get a list of available cameras, and choose a camera other than front/rear camera. Any hints? Thanks!

Seems that with this extension, apart from the actual device cameras (front and rear) no other cameras are available...

Did you test it with external camera??

I have plans todo so, if it cant i wont buy external camera

Hi,

why with Android <10, the photo is saved in Pictures, while with Android => 10, despite the path change, it doesn't save it?

Im sorry, @Anke can you please help

Why did you change the path for Android < 11? The path file:/mnt/sdcard/Pictures/ does not exist.

The correct path should be a full path:

• file:///storage/emulated/0/Pictures/myPic.jpg
  • file:///sdcard/Pictures/myPic.jpg
  • file:///mnt/sdcard/Pictures/myPic.jpg (may not work with some components and extensions)

or an absolute path:

• /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/myPic.jpg
  • /sdcard/Pictures/myPic.jpg
  • /mnt/sdcard/Pictures/myPic.jpg (may not work with some components and extensions)

See also here: Some basics on Android storage system

1 Like

Could you add a block that returns bytes[ ] from the camera as an Object? And the height and width of the returned image?

1 Like