Phone Number Tools Extension

They aren't very new :sweat_smile: I've released them both here in the same time, but originally, they are made in two different times, but wasn't released here in the app inventor community.

3 Likes

Hi @MohamedTamer, can you attach an aia test ?
blocks(5)

Nice extension! :+1:

But there are some minor bugs:

Thanks @patel and @Anke for your replies :slightly_smiling_face:

You can check my answer here

... and my answer here:

3 Likes

Sir, Is it possible with your extension show specific group contacts? If possible please write the block. I have very few knowledge.
Please reply.

It's not possible with the current blocks, however, I could do an update for that !

2 Likes

Then what are you waiting for :yum:

1 Like

Many thanks.

1 Like

I want to 'show specific group of contacts' or 'show specific "PHONE_TYPE" contacts'

Version 2

New Blocks

1- GetGroupsList
component_method - 2021-01-21T224449.661
Gets all of the groups stored on the device, or in any account registered on the device.
2- GetContactGroups

Get the list of groups the contact is added to.
3- GetGroupContacts

Get the list of contacts added to a group
( Requested by @Sirajul_Haque )
4- GetContactEmail

Gets the the contact email, the corresponding event isn't called if there isn't any email found for the contact.
5- New events for the added blocks, called when the result is found :
blocks - 2021-01-21T225621.862
Thanks! :smiley:

7 Likes

@MohamedTamer Congrats on yet another extension.

1 Like

Sir please send an aia file. I can't manage the problem.
"
3- GetGroupContacts
component_method - 2021-01-21T224846.389
component_method - 2021-01-21T224846.389
716×108 10.9 KB

Get the list of contacts added to a group
( Requested by @Sirajul_Haque )
"

1 Like

Hello Sirajul,
Have you experienced any problems using any of the new blocks? Here are a sample blocks that explains how to use the GetGroupContacts block:
IMG_20210123_173556_990
The GetGroupContacts block calls the GotGroupsContacts event, tye event have the contacts variable which contains a list of all of the contacts numbers, you can modify, delete or get a specific item from this list using the list blocks or use them with the List view or the List Picker components :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, very much sir.

2 Likes

It works fine.

2 Likes

Sir, it works fine but it show in listview only mobile number. I beg your pardon if it wast your time, please send me bolcks which show name and number of contacts in list view.

1 Like

Hello @Sirajul_Haque,
Here's an example that uses the GetName block to get the contact names and shows them in a list view, that could have been more simpler if the GetName block was returning the result directly instead of calling an event, unfortunately, that's not possible because it needs to ask for permission first..

IOJ9.aia (31.3 KB) ( sorry for the AIA strange name )
Edit: here is an example that expands the ContactNamesAndPhones to two lists:

IOJ9 (4).aia (31.4 KB)
Update: reset the list before getting contacts.

2 Likes

But , Sir Its show only one contact in list view.

Sir your block works fine but it show only one contact (number:name) in list view. pls. reply to help.