Overlap View Extension: Create overlying layout

OverlapView allows you to make a user interface without any limitations, now you can create overlying layouts as you imagined without increasing the size of your application via using png images.

Blocks:

Methods:
blocks (18)

Properties:

Overlap View is allowed to be redistributed by MIT as part of the Appathon 2021

Example:

Download : com.vsatish.overlapview.aix (7.2 KB)

16 Likes

Wow, Nice Extension :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thanks for you're contribution. Please follow the naming conventions.

Taifun Kumaraswamy this time :slightly_smiling_face: :grin:

6 Likes

this is a copy of this extension -

3 Likes

Obviously not a copy , because I know how he made this extension :unamused:

2 Likes

but both were published on almost same time!! and blocks are also exactly same

1 Like

I really don't believe this. Incident(s) happen.

1 Like

ok fine!!!

2 Likes

Hello, I'm having some troubles, could you show an example on how to use the blocks? Because I can't make it work. Things dissappear instead of showing on top of the main layout.

1 Like

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

Thank you Taifun,

It seems that there was a bug with the companion, because after reseting the connection it end up working.

1 Like

Hello)
I can't figure out how it works...
If it's not difficult for someone, to make an example of blocks?

try the other extension, which was mentioned earlier, which also offers a video tutorial...

Taifun

2 posts were split to a new topic: How can I use an extension to make the slider like this?

in case some don't know how to use, this is a sample demo:

component: which will be added in the container
margins: csv format string, length should be 1 or 4. 4 for (left, top,right,bottom)
gravity: number, use the build-in property block
index: number. the component with bigger index will be on top

4 Likes

@VSATISH13 Thank you for the great extension! This is exactly what I was looking for!

However I'm facing an issue - in the Companion, everything appears to be fine, but when I download and install the app, the buttons suddenly have borders around them, which dosen’t really look so nice on the white background. Take a look at the screenshots:

Companion:
without border

After building:
with border

Which one is overlaped? it looks like same can be done without an extension.
Anyway, it's the reason on theme or background color of button? maybe try to replace the button with labels?

The white box entirely is overlapping the main frame.

I've used it such that if anyone selects an item from the list, this infobox pops up with a bunch of options. Its working fine, but the border is the only problem.

Did you set the shadow of the button, then set the color to transparent?

The button background color is set to 'None'. I don't know how to enable/disable the shadow of the button.