Ntrip Client Extension

Hi,
Is there anyone here that knows about an extension I can use to get RTCM data from an NTRIP Caster? Soan NTRIP Client extension.
Please assist urgently.
Thanks,

What is RTCM and NTRIP?

NTRIP is an open, non-proprietary protocol created by the German Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy (BKG). It has been adopted as a disseminating differential correction standard by the RTCM and has been implemented in two versions (NTRIP v1.0 and v2.0). Because NTRIP is a non-proprietary protocol, anybody who is interested in using the protocol can easily acquire the documentation needed to integrate NTRIP into software systems or hardware products. Several industries, including surveying, engineering, and even farming, have fully incorporated NTRIP into products where precise positioning solutions are required.

The NTRIP transmission technique is based on the popular Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) streaming standard (e.g., internet radio) and uses the client-server principle for transferring data. The server is known as the NTRIP broadcaster (a.k.a. NTRIP caster or simply caster). A caster creates the multiple- and simultaneous-user access to the corrections being transmitted by a single GNSS reference station. It also provides security (via username and password) and management of the connected clients, and it creates mountpoints (i.e., channels a user can connect to) to uniquely identify the different corrections being made available to clients.

It is used for Real Time Kinetic (RTK) GPS corrections…

RTCM is the international standard for the format of the data.

Networked Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol (Ntrip) is an application-level protocol that
supports streaming Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) data over the Internet. Ntrip is a
generic, stateless protocol based on the Hypertext Transfer Protocol HTTP/1.1. The HTTP
objects are extended to GNSS data streams.
Ntrip is designed to disseminate differential correction data or other kinds of GNSS streaming
data to stationary or mobile users over the Internet, allowing simultaneous PC, Laptop, PDA, or
receiver connections to a broadcasting host. Ntrip supports wireless Internet access through
Mobile IP Networks like GSM, GPRS, EDGE, or UMTS.
Ntrip consists of three system software components: NtripClients, NtripServers and NtripCasters.
The NtripCaster is the actual HTTP server program, while NtripClient and NtripServer act as
HTTP clients.
Ntrip is meant to be an open non-proprietary protocol. Major characteristics of Ntrip’s
dissemination technique are the following:
• It is based on the popular HTTP streaming standard; it is comparatively easy to implement
when limited client and server platform resources are available.
• Its application is not limited to one particular plain or coded stream content; it has the ability
to distribute any kind of GNSS data.
• It has the potential to support mass usage; it can disseminate hundreds of streams
simultaneously for up to a thousand users when applying modified Internet Radio
broadcasting software.
• Regarding security needs, stream providers and users are not necessarily in direct contact,
and streams are usually not blocked by firewalls or proxy servers protecting Local Area
Networks.
• It enables streaming over any mobile IP network because it uses TCP/IP.

Nothing like that exists for that specialized technology.

Closest is the
Advanced Location Sensor Extension by Niclas Gins

and

If you program using Android Studio, there is probably a library that will help you code using these advanced GPS enhancement techniques.

Regards,
Steve

1 Like

you could write your own extension and create the functionality yourself...

more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document

however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thank you, will look into it

Was hoping one of you clever guys would take it on…

Here's a TCP/IP link ...

The connection is a bit more complicated, it requires login and then a request on specific mount point data.

Hi, did you find a way to connect to ntrip server with mit inventor ?

HI, yes, use this extension:

better provide a link though but nvm here it is -

Thank you I will try

Is there any example of where to connetc (caster?) and what to do with the data received? Many thanks the project is extremely inteeresting.

Can you give me some explanations about your solution. (user/password) I am in the process of building my own rover staff.
Currently using "Lefebure" for Ntrip. But I would like to read the data in my app myself.