Net : Get some information about network

grafik

Probably it will not work during Live Test.
Because as soon as you disconnect from internet your connection to Rendezvous will also get disconnected.
It works perfectly in apk :wink:

But OnConnect works also with Companion (USB), so so add that in the description.

grafik

Sure.
But it is one of those extensions who should be tested in apk :grin:

1 Like

I’ve tested it on the phone and I found it SUPER :+1:
Nice app @vknow360!

2 Likes

MIT can redistribute this extension:

I, vknow360 aka Sunny Gupta, attest that I am the author of the Net extension , grant that the extension included in this project is free and that MIT has a non-exclusive irrevocable license to republish the extension as part of the project file for the purposes of the MIT App Inventor Hackathon 2020.

3 Likes

ChangeLog Version2

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug in OnDisconnect event
    Thank you @Anke

Aix file
com.sunny.Net.aix (8.2 KB)

4 Likes

This extension has been added to my watch toolbelt! It also returns true for internet connections via bluetooth, not just data/wifi :), that is to say when its paired with my phone. Which lets me delete quite a bit of code from my projects :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Horacio_Spinelli
Glad to know that you liked it.
But, unfortunately, Google is limiting resources for us (Extension Developers) so the extension is currently not comaptible with API 29.
However, I have fixed it and will release an update soon.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Olá, sou meio leigo no app mi2 ainda, como eu poderia informar no app se tem internet ou não? a principio gostaria de testar com uma mensagem text e depois acionar um arquivo html informando que não tem conexão

Just use OnConnect and OnDisconnect events.

Não estou sabendo usar os blocos poderia me mostrar um exemplo de como usar?

Sorry I forgot to post blocks.

Ao Clicar no Botão o app da erro e fecha.

Because you will have to create a webview first before using any method.

1 Like

Thank you for this extension, it helped me to solve my biggest problem in the app :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck:

1 Like

@vknow360
It's seems extension is not working anymore :sob:
It always says offline even I am online.
(It's works fine on old apps but after updating from ai2 it's not working)

1 Like

Finally :sweat_smile:

ChangeLog Version 3

• Extension is now compatible with Android 11
1 Like

I am testing the extension on Android 12. Is it supposed to detect the Internet conn/disconn in real-time i.e. if I disconnect the wifi and get back to the app will it detect the wifi disconnection ?

Also the link for the ver3 is not available, please let me know if its work-in-progress ?

Thanks!

Yes.

It is in the first post.

1 Like