Need help for repeating a procedure

Hi, I´m right now creating a multiple choice quiz and I created a procedure that mixes all the questions in order to bring them into a random order. Now I want to repeat this procedure for x times.(in this case 30 times) How can I do that?

All depends on how you want it to repeat ?

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve,
what you have done so far, what works, what doesn’t work…

Please show your relevant blocks,
if relevant, your data or lists,
screenshots of the Designer screen or app in action,
so we can see what you are trying to do…

Right Click in Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”
for the best image of your blocks.

blocks (3)

My procedure basically mixes the lists above. First a random item is chosen and is placed on a random position. This goes for all lists(Question,CorrectAnswer, FalseAnswer1, 2, 3) Then, the double items are removed. Now I need to repeat this procedure 30 times, but i think creating a new procedure with 31 blocks is quite time consuming.

Just to be clear, you want the answers for each questions to appear in a random order each time?

First time
Q1 : Answers: Q1a/Q1b/Q1c/Q1d

Second time
Q1 : Answers: Q1c/Q1d/Q1a/Q1b

and so on…

If you could confirm the above, I will have a look at a solution for you.

You could also save yourself a lot of time by creating your questions and answers in a csv table (e.g. on a google sheet)

Now I need to repeat this procedure 30 times. But it´s actually about the Questions, so they appear in a random order

Here is one way: ( I used Hossein’s List Utils extension to save time)

Output:

(you decide what to do with the output list)

Blocks:

Aia:

randomQuiz.aia (10.5 KB)

1 Like

see also App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: Advanced Features | Pura Vida Apps
about how to use the advanced blocks to reduce the number of blocks

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thanks to both of you! It helped me a lot!

Better, more portable procedure:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.