My app suddenly will not run

Two days ago I submitted a bug entitled "App doesn't update"
After very long discussions I learned I had made a mistake which caused the problem. The solution for me was to continue the mistake so that I can access the data locked in my original app. Thanks to @ChrisWard

Today I was working on and using my app making improvements. My next step is to find a way to move my data to a corrected version of my app. I compiled and ran my app multiple times today and had no problems at all. I made one change to a variable changing its value from 100 to 78 and compiled again. The changes I made today were not in Screen1. I have not changed Screen1 in over a year.

This time the app will not run! Suddenly when I attempt to open the app it disappears before I even see it appear! The phone keeps repeating "APP keeps stopping"?!

I repeated compiling with multiple good versions I store as I make improvements. Every version was solid but today none of them will run

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

I also ran tests making other simple apps and recompiling other apps I have made. All of them run just fine. I also checked my app by using companion and it works just fine!!! if I attempt to compile anything with the original app name in it, they will not run! App2, App_2, App3, etc none will run

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

1 Like

me too

1 Like

Please post here or message me the .apk file.
(You may need to upload the APK to drive)

1 Like

I presume you wish to test on another phone? I did that also wth same result.

I can compile and run any other app that I have no problem. It seems to be dependent upon app name.

As you said the compiled application crashes upon opening, if you can post the APK file here, I can try to check what's wrong.

me too

aia:
j_medicine (3).aia (140.8 KB)

This bug is caused by the newly updated App Inventor version. Please wait it to be resolved by the development team.

Thank you

1 Like

IT HAS BEEN 6.5 HOURS!!! I still cannot compile my app and have it run. WHY?

I have an app with an aia name of HRMHR_2.aia
The package name inside the aia is HRMHR_2
When I compile it the apk comes out HRMHR.apk ????
I have other copies of this file with other names as I improve I save to a new name. No matter what the name is the apk is HRMHR.apk

Can anyone help?

Please stop spamming the community.

Your issue is either the same one you started off with, or as you were advised in your other topic, this is because of an update by MIT. If the latter is the case, you will need to wait until MIT have fixed the problem.

1 Like

My application with customwebview suddenly stop it's not working kindly help me....solve my issue anyone

The issue has been fixed.