My app is not building: "YAIL compiler - AAPT execution failed." error

Hi I have made a huge app consisting of 8 screens using firebase components. About a month back, it would build the apk effortlessly. Now with the new version of app inventor I get the following error whenever I try to build (tried multiple times):

App Inventor is unable to compile this project.
The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating animation xml
________Creating style xml
________Creating provider_path xml
________Creating network_security_config xml
________Generating adaptive icon file
________Generating round adaptive icon file
________Generating adaptive icon background file
________Generating manifest file
________Attaching native libraries
________Attaching Android Archive (AAR) libraries
________Attaching component assets
________Invoking AAPT
YAIL compiler - AAPT execution failed.

I even tried building the older versions of my app (that HAD been built, without error, a few months back), but I get the same "YAIL compiler - AAPT execution failed." error.

Please Help

Hi

there are many reasons why the build could fail.

Go through my check list:
https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips#TipsApk Cannot Build/Install/Run APK

That is an excellent compilation. Thank you!

I have resolved the issue, it was to do with a strange file with the name about:blank (not put in by me) that had somehow got into the media files! I deleted it and then was able to compile.

On another track, I see that you are a power user and was wondering if you could help me with a couple of things that are troubling me:

1. I am unable to use the firebase extension firebasestorage with security set to allow read, write: if request.auth != null; (It works fine without security).This is in spite of using the extension FirebaseAuth to sign in. I need some blocks that would help me upload 1 to 3 Mb image files to firebasestorage with security kept on. I did search for help in the group but the solutions were not robust enough, were too convoluted (web upload) or/and did not have adequate error trapping. I would not mind paying for an extension that does all of this elegantly, however could not find one.

2. How can I use Node.js and javascript code in my code blocks?

Thank you again and With warm regards,

Dr. Lavanian Dorairaj ​MD​

1. To do this you will need three extensions, one PAID
  1. node.js runs on a "proper" web server, there is no such node.js server within AI2, it may be possible to set it up with a third party app, but unlikely.... You can run most javascript codes in the webviewer and return outputs with the webviewstring.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.