Mp3Tags extension

I tried to follow the logic from the file component in all my extensions...
it might be, that these slashes are not needed at all in this case... this to provide some compatibility to the player component...

Taifun

Ok. I will take your remarks about file acces into account and will post an update...

but i'd like to complete this extension with album cover art. I succed to do it in android studio, but it's a bitmap..AI compilator don't accept it when i try to compile it gave me an error.

so i 'd could save this bitmap in a file but i don't succed to do it in an acceptable way for AI compilator...
have you a way to do it ?

1 Like

I guess you will get an answer to your question in your other thread

Taifun

2 Likes

Yes ther are some awsers, but nothing working until now...

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Compile error with byte[]

Oh i can't edit my first post, so here is new one

You will find her my first extension i hope you will enjoy it.
I developed it in complement of TaifunPlayer extension i use to get Tags info of music file.

jml.Mp3tags.aix (6.2 KB)

sorry but unfortunatly i didn't succed to return album art Image :grimacing:

Here an exemple of use (just give Pathfile of your song)

1 Like

thank you for your contribution

Please follow the naming conventions, which is UpperCamelCase for property, method and event names (i.e. the first letter should be a capital letter) and lowerCamelCase for parameter names.

example:
naming

also you might want to use English method names...
Unbenannt

btw. there is already the following Mp3 Metadata extensions available: Mp3 Metadata Extension by enaixpeend

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Ok, I will update according to naming convention.

about MP3 Metadata extension, that's why i would like include album art... don't you know a way to save byte[] in a file without AI compilation error ? (so without "FileOutputStream")

this thread is about presenting your extension, so if you have questions about developing the extension itself, then please continue asking in your other thread. Thank you.

Taifun

Here update extension with good names and cover art (thanks to ewpatton for his help)

jml.Mp3tags.aix (8.2 KB)

1 Like

Please remember the naming conventions, which is UpperCamelCase for property, method and event names (i.e. the first letter should be a capital letter) and lowerCamelCase for parameter names, i.e. no underscores

Unbenannt

Taifun

Oups...corrected.
Sorry !

1 Like

mp3 path is not getting, i getting error file not found. please help or share aia file to better understand.

1 Like

here it is

Mp3Tags.aia (73.2 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for this extension.
Works very well - it can also get tags from FLAC files and from external SD card.

Thank you for this return...i'm happy it can helps you.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot resolve symbol 'appinventor'

There is a problem: The file i posted here was working, but it doesn't works any more..I have a runtime error !

someone have an idea of what happened ?
is something changes ans i have to modify in my extension ?

I tried it on my old phone and it return : "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String java.io.File..getAbsolutePath()' on a null object reference....but i have no .getAbsolutePath() in my code !

Have you used FileUtil?

no. what is it ?