MIT App Inventor for iOS version 0.9

Same here, waiting for response after submitting an application weeks ago

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I think you should think twice about using Javascript-based extensions.
I'm not yet an expert on extensions, but I think the extension based on Javascript will not work fast and high quality compared to an extension written in the native language of the device (Swift) and in addition I also think there will be a lot of things that can not be done with extensions based on Javascript code.
If I understood correctly the problem with using extensions happens because of sending the code to the companion, then maybe we will allow the use of extensions only when the application will be installed on the device (in iOS)?

Yes, that is something that we are considering.

2 Likes

Hey is it done can we use ios builder right now

Not yet possible @Havish_B_lijin . MIT will certainly make an announcement when it is possible to create ios apps. You can use the ios Companion interpreter right now but Apple and App Inventor 2 still have issues to resolve before you can create and save ios apps.

In the meanwhile please continue to build Android apps or start using a different platform for ios.

when it will be possible

MIT is still making iOS available. I don't think there is a particular time when you will be able to compile with iOS, but it should be in the next versions, about 1 to 2 years?

1 Like

But that is probably, the launching date of compiling IPA apps might be before or after the expected time period.

1 Like

I think 'fall semester' refers to Sep - Dec 21. If that is, MIT is still working on compiling iOS apps. Also, that is what I think, it might not work.

Also, the iOS functionality still has a lot to cover.

Nevertheless, we can all agree that MIT App Inventor for iOS is a great project and will definitely be supported by MIT App Inventor users.

I'm pretty satisfied at the Media drawer. AI2 is the best!

1 Like

We could see that even without your screenshot.

I have a .aia file is there any option to convert to ios platform

You can test the AIA file with the MIT App Inventor app on iOS, but you cannot install the app on your iPhone/ iPad.

1 Like

I need to publish that

Unfortunately, currently you cannot publish your app on the App Store.

2 Likes

oh sad to see that

Why don't I have a build button for iOS?

You must use this server:
https://iosbuildservertest.appinventor.mit.edu/

and you also need an Apple Developer account.

See also here: Problem build ipa - #2 by Anke

1 Like