MFile - a modified version of Sunny's `EFile` extension - Shared folders - storage permissions - Android 11+

With your extension mfile I can read write text file in shared folders, it would be fine also to get a list of files, a block Call Mfile1.ListDirectory

Hello Anke,

I have a problem with the extension.

As long as I test your extension without another extension, I can build an apk file.

If I add the "ClickZ" extension, I can no longer build the apk.
Error: Yail compiler - DX execution failed

Is this a bug or an inconsistency between the extensions?

Here is a test aia that documents the error:
Test_MFile.aia (23.1 KB)

Frank

no blocks in your aia

Even with a short block, the error remains.

Please test:
Test_MFile.aia (23.6 KB)

Frank

try this ext All Extensions From AppyBuilder Community - #69 by TIMAI2

Confirmed. However, there doesn't seem to be any problems with other extensions. I added the FileTools extension as a test. APK is built without any problems.

I have now compiled MFile with Rush. The compiling error no longer seems to occur (with the ClickZ ext). > de.bodymindpower.MFile.aix (21.6 KB)

1 Like

@Patel
Thanks for the link. I have now switched to the extension ClickEvent. Works in my app as well.

@Anke
Thank you very much for your efforts.
I test your extension regarding the error.
Which extension should I use? The version in the 1st post or the version created with Rush?

Frank

Additive:

The extension using Rush produces an error when dragging it into the mobile phone in the designer, see:
error.txt (5.3 KB)

Your extension from the first post seems to work after the first tests. I keep testing...

After you have imported an extension, disconnect the companion by Connect > Reset connection. The companion should then automatically exit. If it doesn't, exit the companion and connect again.

I have no issues with that, regardless of which version I chose first.

That is because Frank imported the extension after he connects to the companion. When you scan the QR code to connect, the computer sends all extensions and assets to the companion, but it shouldn't send extensions during the connection.

Take a look (connected with Companion):

Hmm...that's interesting. One of my found errors was resolved by restarting the companion because the user upgraded the extension but did not restart it.

I find this in Taifun's webpage:

While starting the companion app, all necessary assets and also the imported extensions of your project will be copied to your device. So in case the no such class error shows up, the extension code to run the extension is not available on your device. Without that code the companion app is not able to execute methods from the extension.

and:

After importing an extension, please restart the companion app.

2 Likes

Yes, that can happen occasionally. That's why I often delete the assets folder from Companion.

@ All
Thank's for the Tipps.
I will continue to test and report.

Frank

Does it work for you now with the new version (created using Rush)?

Yes, Version 2 created using Rush works.

Thank you, Anke.

Frank

I'm trying to compile this block on android 11, but I'm receiving an error message

blocks

Usually set and coerce property error occurs if you empty sockets/slots in your Screen1 blocks. Check warnings or errors in Screen1, fix them and try again

1 Like

Now compiled, but I can not read the file, my screen is blank, no errors

Probably you didn't grant read storage permission.