Localhost:8080 extension

Firstly I am new at programming with ai2 and as I am self taught I don't know all of the technical lingo used so my apologies beforehand. I don't know if this is possible and I haven't been able to find much information about it. I have a webviewer in my app which is used to read and manipulate a web page written in php and javascript which is on my internet web server. Is there an extension available which would allow me to use this file offline from media something like a localhost:8080 server which could be included in my app to allow for offline use. I have seen this web page https://www.softraftar.com/2021/02/http-localhost-8080-server.html introducing a Bit Web Server which I could maybe use but I would like it to be incorporated into my app.

when using AWebServer which I got from playstore, my app works fine but AWebServer must be active at the same time as my app, when it is closed there is no localhost available, so it does work so how does one make a web server?

You could try using termux

thank you I will look further into it , at first glance it is way above my head :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, not easy, but once you start termux, the php server keeps running in the background.

thank you for your reply. My app is intended to be used by others so I can't see how it would be possible for them to download and setup Termux on their android. AWebServer works fine but again it is a third party app which would have to be downloaded and the server started before my app would work. I need something that will be part of my app and open and close at the same time, it doesn't need to be anything fancy and bloated worst case is it would only operate with html and javascript without php

If only running html and javascript (as long as the content is all client side functionality) then you can use the webviewer, or if that doesn't offer enough functionality then there is the custom webview extension by @vknow360

a huge thanks I have just all day trying to make this work, and now it does. I am using webviewer to read a html which will be saved to the sdcard the html file was written and saved in ai2

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.